We are committed to being an Employer of Choice. Looking after our employees means that we are dedicated to providing a safe workplace, innovative training, career development opportunities and a supportive culture.
We are currently involved in delivering many of Australia’s largest infrastructure projects, as well as significant property and urban renewal projects. Our operations span a range of diverse sectors and disciplines all around Australia, New Zealand and South East Asia. Working with us, there are often opportunities to take on new roles and build on your skills. At John Holland, we are proud of our ability to offer people roles in a huge variety of areas, as well as the ability to transfer between a range of competencies, specialisation and sectors both on site and in support positions.
Whatever we face, the heart of what we do is creating people-centred solutions to complex challenges and opportunities. We think deeply about what we do and how it affects communities. We push boundaries and innovate, gain trust through our actions and whatever the project, we’re in it for the long, long term.
We are passionate about transforming lives. By finding people-centred solutions to complex challenges and opportunities, we make communities more connected, easier to move around and better to live in. As one of our nation’s leading property and infrastructure companies, we pride ourselves on making a real difference to people’s lives across a diverse range of sectors such as transport, rail, health and education. For us, it’s not about what we do, but why we do it and who will benefit.
Women at John Holland
John Holland is a workplace where women thrive. We are committed to leveling the playing field for our employees.
Women excel in a huge range of roles within our business, from carpenters and finance professionals to Project Directors and Executives…and everything in between.
Our CEO, Joe Barr, is passionate about ensuring that John Holland is an inclusive place for women to work. He is a public supporter of women’s career development and growth as well as a Pay Equity Ambassador.
- We were the first construction company to implement a paid parental leave scheme and are continuously refining this to ensure it meets the needs of our people.
- We annually review our like-for-like gender pay gap.
- We were one of the first companies in Australia to explicitly make full parental leave entitlements available to employees who experience a stillbirth.
- We have an active internal Women’s Network at John Holland, that celebrates and supports women in our business.
- Leadership development programs and mentoring opportunities targeted at women