Applications for this job have closed. Try searching for similar jobs.
Financial Analyst, Server
Job Type: Full time
The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.
- Amelia Earhart
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, we will provide the choice to work from home or return to work in an office unless a job requirement makes it necessary for a particular role to be performed at an Atlassian office.
Do you love defining and interpreting business metrics? Do you want to develop and analyse performance and support decisions that drive investments, growth and profitability? Are you looking to make a big impact, partner with world-class talent and take your career to the next level?
Our Financial Planning & Analysis team (FP&A) is looking for an analyst who loves solving problems to join us on this exciting journey. You'll report to the Senior FP&A Manager and will primarily support our business leaders. Working in a dynamic environment, we're looking for teammates who are innovative, proactive, and willing to challenge the status quo!
In this role, you'll get to:
- Play a key role in planning, provide insight into business performance, support strategic decision-making
- Help predict the future of the business through building robust financial models.
- Work closely with the broader finance team including FP&A, accounting, pricing and analytics.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Proven experience in financial planning and analysis
- Experience with planning and budgeting processes, bookings/revenue forecasting, operating expense forecasting, P&L management, interpreting and reporting business performance results
- Hands-on and strong financial modeling skills in Excel
- An understanding of key software business metrics
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to explain financial data to non-finance stakeholders
- A curiosity to learn and take initiative to solve problems independently
- Strong critical thinking, organisational, interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills
- Experience and comfortable working in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment
It's great, but not required if you have:
- Exposure to working with planning tools (e.g. Anaplan) and finance systems (e.g. Netsuite)
- SQL skills and understanding of database / data warehousing concepts
- Knowledge of BI tools and technologies (e.g. Tableau)
- Technology or Software / SaaS industry experience
- Hold a degree in Business, Economics or Finance
More about our team
Atlassian has a business model, with a focus on growth and profitability, that is rare among its growth technology peers. We also have an analytics DNA that runs deep through the company's core. FP&A is a highly visible team in the organisation at the intersection of both these focus areas. The FP&A team is a hardworking and collaborative team with an unusual mix of technology industry, consulting and financial services background. Our responsibilities include facilitating planning, providing insight into business performance, supporting strategic decision-making and helping predict the future of the business. We encourage decision-making at every level and highly value an open-minded approach and organisational transparency. We work closely with business leaders across all areas of the business to support the Company’s continued growth. You'll join an extraordinary team that is passionate about Atlassian, its products, and its customers.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Atlassian is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to all individuals participating in the application and interview process, and while performing job functions. Please note that you will have the opportunity to request accommodations at each stage of the assessment process. To request accommodations before scheduling an interview, please reach out to [email protected] and someone will follow up shortly.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.