Principal Software Engineer
Location: Remote - ,AU/NZ only
Job Type: Full time
Who is WORK180?
If you’re as passionate about gender equality as we are and want to play a leading role in tackling this global challenge through technology, then WORK180 could be your next great career move.
Our mission is to empower women to choose workplaces where they can thrive. We work with employers who are striving to do better – build a diverse workforce, have more inclusive policies, hold themselves accountable to progressive change. And we connect these employers with a global community of women from all backgrounds who want to feel informed, understood, respected, and empowered in their career choices.
We are a venture capital-backed startup that has raised $5.85million from the likes of Startmate, Skip Capital (Kim Jackson & Scott Farquhar’s investment fund), Ashpeak Investments, Investible, Giant Leap and Blackbird VC to name a few. We currently operate in the US, UK and Australia and with a growing revenue base, we are actively preparing for our Series B raise.
The impact you’ll be making
We’ve spent the last six years demonstrating the market fit between the products and services we offer and the individuals and organisations we are seeking to support. The next six years is about scaling our reach and our impact, and the engineering team – and this leadership role - is central to this strategy.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager and working closely with our Head of Product and the rest of the leadership team, your role as Principal Engineer will be to develop a tech capability that moves our business and our social mission forward.
Our goal is to expand our portfolio of SaaS products, managed from a self-serviceable employer portal, which will include:
- Talent acquisition & campaign dashboards for ROI
- Employer brand campaign management
- Candidate database with AI-driven scoring & recommendations
- Data capture integrations for harnessing metrics, feedback and other sources of data from within and outside organisations facilitated through the platform
To support our goals for employers, we will also be enhancing our job seeker experience by:
- Adopting a full lifecycle focus on candidates, rather than being short term recruitment specific to increase year-round engagement
- Offering targeted insights and recommendations to improve CVs
- Identifying relevant opportunities - jobs, mentors, organisations
- Identifying skills development pathways & “unconsidered” job options
With responsibility for our tech roadmap and overall architecture, your job will be to identify where and how we should be investing in resources, infrastructure and skillsets to deliver this. We have access to a lot of unique data sets through our work and we have a big opportunity to harness this through machine learning, platform integrations and experience design.
Our engineering function is our future and we are committed to investing in this area to deliver our growth.
Who are we looking for?
As a growing business with its eye on making a global impact, we are looking for people who can bring diverse perspectives and experience, a passion for what they do and a willingness to work hard to deliver our mission. We really value individuals who are proactive, solution-oriented and who thrive in fast-paced and sometimes uncertain environment.
Specifically for this role, individuals with the following attributes will thrive in this role:
- Tech leadership experience, working as the key tech champion in the business
- Experience transforming & scaling a technology business
- Experience developing and delivering an architectural roadmap that delivers on the product vision
- Strong experience in driving innovative new tech bets and stabilising core infrastructure
- Established engineering network, skills development focus and mixed resourcing experience
(e.g. internal team, outsourcing etc.)
The WORK180 team:
We’re a 100% remote team and a growing business with big ambitions, so every team member is responsible for upholding our values:
- Know your impact
- Find the solution and know when to ask for help
- Feedback = growth
- Changing the world requires hard work
- Don't ask why, ask why not
- Excellence doesn't require a large budget
Highlights in our benefits and culture:
- 9-day fortnight at full pay
- Flexible working practices
- 100% remote company – work from home
- Monthly state-based lunches
- Bi-annual whole company conferences
(in-person and online)
- Employee share options programme
- Formalised personal growth planning process reviewed quarter
Create a Work180 account to experience our platform and check out the full list of staff benefits & policies here: https://au.work180.co/employer/work180/benefits
What to expect next:
- CV review, we look for evidence in your CV that you have experience in the areas we’ve outlined, including areas of transferrable skills, and use this to shortlist suitable candidates.
- Introductory call with our Engineering Manager and Head of Product, to ensure we have a clear understanding of you and that you have a clear understanding of the role. This will also review your suitability for the role and enable you to meet two of your key stakeholders and colleagues.
- Tech task, to give you a chance to demonstrate your potential and fit for this role.
- Interview with colleagues, to ensure we find individuals who offer cultural add (not just fit!) and give you the chance to talk to peers about the company and their experience.
- Interview with one or both of our founders & CEOs, Gemma Lloyd and Valeria Ignatieva, because they are engaged with all parts of the business and it’s important you experience their open-door approach.
If we’re not able to take you forward at any stage in the process, we’ll let you know and are happy to provide feedback to help you in your job search.