Location: Riverwoods, Illinois
Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
Discover Financial Services is a direct banking and payment services company with one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. Since its inception in 1986, the company has become one of the largest card issuers in the United States. The company issues the Discover card, America's cash rewards pioneer, and offers private student loans, personal loans, home equity loans, checking and savings accounts and certificates of deposit through its direct banking business. It operates the Discover Global Network comprised of Discover Network, with millions of merchant and cash access locations; PULSE, one of the nation's leading ATM/debit networks; and Diners Club International, a global payments network with acceptance in 190 countries and territories.
Discover’s vision is to be the leading direct bank and payments partner and its mission is to help people spend smarter, manage debt better and save more so they achieve a brighter financial future.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Technology and People First Approach
Discover has embarked on an exciting technology journey led by a new passionate and energized CIO who is looking to elevate our technology organization to be one of “best in class”. Our culture places its people and customers first and embraces a “we succeed together” mentality. With this, we are seeking a variety of results driven executives to continue to drive change across all areas of the technology function.
These leaders will have a strong engineering mindset, a passion for innovation, and the ability to build strong partnerships at all levels across our enterprise. We are looking for individuals to leverage Agile methodology and eliminate redundancies that will allows our teams to strive for excellence. With our expanding technology organization, we are proactively seeking top talent to join our team to help us create an unrivaled customer experience.
As Director, Cybersecurity at Discover, you will work on a team that’s responsible for the ongoing development and delivery of a comprehensive, company-wide information security strategy. Information Security has always been important at Discover, as it positions the strength of our technical eco system. As a leader, you will evaluate and limit the overall cyber risk, across the enterprise. You will be a thought leader, while setting the vision, strategy, security policies, and standards of Cybersecurity operations.
- Enhance the organization’s ability to detect, prevent and mitigate all security threats
- Create a visionary architecture road map and strategy to align business and technology
- Ability to understand the organization’s operations and be able to express cybersecurity priorities from a business perspective
- Ensure that information security risks are identified, evaluated and mitigated that align with the risk posture.
- Specialize in incident management response, security architecture, and security risk management.
- Engage senior leadership across Discover, both within Technology, Risk Management and Audit, to communicate the cybersecurity strategy, and key information security initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems Management or related field
- 10+ years of experience as a technologist, ideally with specialization in cyber security
- 10+ years' experience with information security, identity access management, security risk
- 5+ years of Agile engineering experience
- Professional security management certification preferred; Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISS), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- 5+ years of experience with Cloud computing
- Consulting or product background
- Past experience managing large teams
- Master’s degree in Information Systems Management or related field
- Financial services industry experience
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.