Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
The Azure Compute Organization is responsible for creating the foundation of Microsoft’s Cloud Platform responsible for providing hardware management, virtualized computational substrate, and fully automated service management. The Azure Compute Efficiency team is looking for motivated engineers who are in search of an exciting environment working with innovative and revolutionary technology and interested in the boundary of software and hardware! As the scale and complexity of cloud crosses new boundaries, there is opportunity to re-think how a large collection of services and hardware works together – by having standardized information exchange between the meshed/connected components and use data-driven/machine-learning inferencing in real-time to make the platform much faster, efficient and robust! You will get to work with experts in the cloud platform – across teams – and drive cross cutting initiatives that are needed to achieve the radical improvements by making by use of the collective intelligence of the individual pieces in the cloud.
A successful candidate for this role will need to look at the end to end architecture and drive big innovations to help improve the experience for our customers working closely with other team members and multiple organizations in Azure. Some of the basic responsibilities include:
- Design and develop large scale distributed software services and solutions
- System design through well-defined interfaces across multiple components, code reviews, leveraging data/telemetry to make decisions
- Ensure that services and components are well-defined and modularized, secure, reliable, diagnosable, actively monitored, and reusable
- Consider testability, portability/monitoring, reliability, and maintainability, and understand when code is ready to be shared and delivered
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical discipline.
- A minimum of 1 years of development experience with Java, C#, C, or C++.
- A minimum of 1 years designing and building highly available distributed
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Experience with online services and Machine Learning/ AI - a big plus
- systems at scale.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check. This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.