Sr. Product Manager, Customization
Location: California, San Jose, California
Job Type: Full time
We are looking for a strong Senior Product Manager with a passion for bringing consumer-grade usability to web and mobile powered enterprises. With Okta’s massive growth and international adoption, it’s more important than ever to take our end-user experience to the next level. We have a great opportunity to drive user growth and increase the value our customers get out of using the Okta service for their enterprise or embedding it in their products.
A great end-user web and mobile optimized experience is one of the key aspects that differentiate Okta from traditional enterprise applications and services. The role will be responsible for partnering closely with Engineering, User Experience, Customer Success, Sales, Support, Training, and Marketing teams to drive enhancements to our end user experiences and customization capabilities within the product. This role will have product ownership for Okta’s end-user experiences and will own the initiative to increase end-user adoption of the product for our IT and API Products use cases.
Experience building market-leading enterprise or consumer web products or services is desired. Success in this role will require both a strong ability to understand customer requirements, define our overall short- and long-term strategy, strategically prioritize what’s most important, and work across your PM team and the broader Okta organization to ensure delivery
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Define products that customers love
- Work with Engineering, the wider PM team and other internal groups to define and document user stories and use cases to guide product development for owned area
- Define and execute on the roadmap and prioritize features for end user experience
- Collaborate with product marketing and technical marketing to support creation of messaging and content and enable the Okta sales team
- Develop, research, and clearly communicate sound product strategies
- Understand core business problems and requirements from customers, prospects, sales and support to inform product decisions in owned area
- Closely track industry trends for the Okta SSO and customization experience and adapt strategy accordingly
- Help build, and engage a great team
- Help recruit top talent and evangelize Okta to customers, candidates and the broader community
- Embrace and advance Okta’s collaborative and innovative culture by partnering with engineering, the wider product team and the rest of the company
- Drive product innovation by rapid triage of ideas with facts and data
- Work with the rest of the Okta product leaders to prioritize and deliver the innovation required to advance the strategy and roadmap for user experience
- Partner with the data team to track product usage metrics and tie those metrics to business success
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience across the product management lifecycle
- Strong technical background
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong presentation and leadership skills
- 5+ years of industry experience. 3+ years of product management or related experience
- Track record of successful delivery of complex projects
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
- Experience with developing user flows, and enabling customizable experiences
- Experience creating and managing multi-tenant SaaS software products at a market-leading company
- Advanced degree in technical or business field
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs.
Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/