Senior Software Engineer
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
We are looking for excellent software engineers that will be part of the Digital Workplace engineering team and contribute to the Digital Transformation of Microsoft physical environment. Digital Workplace deals with creating and operating work environments that are comfortable, functional, collaborative and efficient. It enables employees to realize their potential and helps Microsoft achieve greater business results. Microsoft Digital Workplace team provides global employees with a wide range of services essential for team collaboration and innovation, including dining/catering, shuttle/commute, meetings, reception/office upgrades/maintenance, and emergency prep and security. As an indicator to the scale of operations, this team covers 44 million square feet of office space, encompassing 600+ buildings across ~100 countries.
As a Sr Software Engineer, you will be involved in designing, coding and testing features that enable our Digital workplace and RE&F business partners. You will develop software and services at scale, innovating on the latest technologies (IoT, Cloud, modern web, Mobile, Social, Security Software and services) while engineering as a DevOps in a highly automated environment with Continuous Integration & Deployment as well as instrumenting telemetry that helps us monitor our service and helps diagnose and resolve issues quickly. You will work closely with peers across teams to help build flexible and high-performing components that enable next generation of business services.
- Architect, Design, Develop & Run secure & scalable cloud solutions
- Design & Develop cross platform mobile applications
- Code Review and mentor other developers as well as lead them through technical challenges and delivery
- Deliver technical solutions through agile and scrum methodology.
- Work with the Product owners and be part of an effective agile team.
- 6+ years of experience delivering scalable and resilient services at large enterprise scale
- 3 + years of experience in full stack development
- 3+ years of experience in developing Modern Websites using Angular/React.
- 3+ years of experience in Mobile development on iOS or Android.
- 3+ years of C# (or equivalent) experience with the ability to contribute to technical architecture across web/mobile, middle tier, and data components.
- 3+ years of experience of developing complex software services
- 3+ years of experience designing secure, scalable and cost-efficient PaaS services on the Microsoft Azure platform or equivalent cloud platform
- Experience with Live Site monitoring and operating in DevOps environment.
- Experience working in an Agile methodology (Scrum/Kanban/etc.) with the ability to perform multiple roles (Developer, Scrum Master)
Preferred, not required::
- Experience in building mobile applications for iOS and/or Android platform using React Native is a great plus
- Experience with microservices and serverless architectures
- Passion for innovation and a vision for how technology can add ambient intelligence to the workplace.
- Experience shaping a DevOps culture with a vision for building and nurturing an innovative culture while maintaining a Live Site focus.
- Capability to work independently on the most complex code contributions of a feature.
The ideal candidate would have worked in a team environment, with experience designing, developing and running enterprise scale services and platforms, technical depth in cloud platforms, agile development practices, mobile development and experience in designing & tuning telemetry.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.