IT Auditor, Data Governance
Location: Riverwoods, Illinois
Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
About Internal Audit
Discover’s Internal Audit (IA) Department has a commitment to provide insightful perspectives, leverage specialized talent, and deliver a refreshing experience to all of our stakeholders. This commitment is met through collaborative, hard-working, highly motivated, and technically skilled professionals who consistently deliver high-quality work in a challenging and fast-paced environment. IA brings a consultative and progressive approach to their work, which is predicated on a culture of enhancing risk management and business outcomes for Discover, actively contributing to the development of its professionals, and embracing a mindset of innovation and continuous improvement. The department of approximately 150 professionals globally is viewed as a critical piece of the risk management framework and is valued as a trusted voice and indispensable partner.
The IT Internal Audit Associate uses operational and technical skills to support the DFS Internal Audit Department objectives. With oversight from the Lead and Supervisor the Internal Audit Associate is assigned to a schedule of internal audit reviews where they will follow the DFS Internal Audit methodology, interview clients, create process flows and narratives, review business processes, identify and assess controls, test key controls, develop findings and communicate with clients to develop and follow up on action plans.
The audits and special reviews will be of the IT General Controls, IT Network and Infrastructure, Information Security, and IT Risk Management, with an objective to improve controls and efficiencies of the activities reviewed.
Audit Lifecycle: (Planning, fieldwork, reporting, post reporting, budgeting/resources)
- With oversight from the Lead and Supervisor:
- Attend walkthrough meetings and document narratives/flowcharts
- Complete the audit tasks that are assigned
- Assist with the identification and documentation of risks, controls and tests in the automated work paper system
As an Associate independently:
- Demonstrate an awareness of Internal Audit Methodology by actively participating in every phase of the audit including planning, fieldwork and reporting (i.e. International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF) and Committee of Sponsoring Organizations (COSO) 2013)
- Complete assigned audits/audit tasks using department tools, standards and guidelines within established timetables with high quality results
- Possess an awareness of the business unit activities under audit
- Escalate potential findings in a concise format to the audit lead for discussion
- Follow-up of assigned actions from the audit (status updates and verifications)
- Attend and contribute to all periodic update meetings with internal audit management
- Document work papers in accordance with Internal Audit Methodology or direction provided by the lead in a concise and logical manner
- Understand how applications and related Information Technology (IT) risks and controls support achievement of business processing objectives
- Experience with automated work paper system (Pentana) is a plus
Strategic Thinking: (Thought leadership practices):
- Continue to develop skill sets by meeting required training and obtaining advanced degrees and/or certification pursuant to department guidelines
- Participate in special projects or other duties as assigned
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of main operating systems and security and infrastructure control requirements for multiple platforms
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of business risks related to general system controls, systems development, change management, logical access security, network concepts, security, contingency and recovery
- Familiarity with COBIT 5.0 frameworks
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
Bachelor's Degree inSocialSciences, Engineering, Accounting, Finance, Business,Information Technology,Analytics, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.