Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Job Type: Full time
We are looking for Software Engineers to join the Office teamwe’rebuilding in Atlantato buildimpactful new features and adapt existing features to an always-collaborative world, reaching more than 1 billion customers around the world. We’re looking for people that value a vibrant and supportiveculture, andare excited to be building tools that others user to achieve success in their work, school, or life every day.In our design and implementation, we emphasize understanding the customer experience deeply and driving improvements using telemetry and customer feedback.
Word -People use Word to share ideas, discuss them, and turn them into reality. Now more than ever, Word makes it easy and intuitive to work together with people next to you or around the world. By incorporating cutting edge technologies such as the Fluid Framework, we will shape the next generation of collaborative work across desktop, mobile applications, and online services. This includes enriching the current feature set and creating new innovative ways of empowering users to achieve more.
Security -The OXO Security team has a proven history of developing data and threat protection features that make a real difference in the realm of desktop, mobile applications, and online services. Some examples of this include the Security Policy Advisor, WDAG Office, Classification, Labeling, and Protection (CLP), Protected View sandbox, Safe Documents for Office applications, security polices, document encryption, digital signatures, Information Rights Management, and Data Loss Prevention. As threats continually evolve, so too has our team.
DVX - Microsoft Excel is one of thebest knownsoftware products on the planet--there are hundreds of millions of people across the globe using Excel every day to store, transform, analyze, visualize, and share their data. The world is producing and storing more data than ever before and now we have a new opportunity for you to have a positive impact on how people experience their data. With Excel your work can directly impact someone’s ability to understand their businesses, optimize processes, and unlock insights from any amount of data.
Docs -Empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. That is what inspires us, drives ourworkand pushes us to challenge the status quo every day. As part of the Office client organization the Office Docs teambuilds intelligent cloud-connected collaboration features for Word,Exceland PowerPoint across a wide array of platforms. Our focus is on asynchronous collaboration – user experiences to help together more effectively regardless of time zone or physical location. We build user experiences for the web, Win32,iOSand Android to help users collaborate – commenting, notifications, helping users catch up quickly on changes happening around them – all customer problems we’re passionate about.
The ideal candidate is a software engineer who values delighting customers with rock-solid reliability and performance, great architecture, clean code, and who participates in a collaborative work environment. A passion for deeply understanding the real-world needs of our users and a desire to advance the state of the art is a must. Strong communication and collaboration skills are required in this role as it involves working closely with a diverse group of engineers, program managers, and designers across organizations to deliver the best user experience and software architecture for our customers.
- Work with engineers, program managers and partner teams to deliver a set of features with the right overall design and architecture.
- Write clean well-thought-out code with an emphasis on quality, performance, simplicity, durability, scalability, and maintainability.
- Execute on the team approach to Software Engineering by designing, coding, testing, debugging, building, and deploying across multiple endpoints.
- Demonstrate the ability to work on cross-platform code.
- Commit to delivering the best experience for customers.
- Help create a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can bring their full and authentic self, where all voices are heard, and where we do our best work as a result.
- 1 + years of experience programming in C++,C#or other general-purpose programming language
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of algorithms, data structures and other systems architecture factors that affect code quality,performanceand customer experience.
- Demonstrated skill in time management and completing software projects in a cooperative team environment.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.