Software Engineer II
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Are you a full stack software engineer, looking to join a fast-growing team with an impactful mission?
We are the Sonar team, part of C+AI Security. We are the creators and maintainers of a large scale, globally distributed sandbox service used to detect Malware and Phishing using behavioral analysis & machine learning. As part of O365 Advanced Threat Protection, we provide real-time scanning and detonation of email content for millions of end users every day, and we’re partnered with several other Microsoft products like LinkedIn to do analysis of their content.
As a fast-growing business we are looking for experienced people who are passionate about building and constantly improving large scale detonation and threat intelligence services.
As a software engineer on the team, you will be working with security experts and other engineers to develop and enhance the tools that they use to interact with Sonar. We are constantly striving towards creating world class services by improving the user experience of analysts and developers to ensure they have access to the data and content they need to respond to attacks. Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Development using Azure Service Fabric and other Azure resources on the back end, along with React and ASP.Net on the front end.
- Working with internal customers to understand and design for user experience requirements.
- Adding and optimizing monitoring coverage, including self-healing for services you own.
- Participating in design discussions and code reviews of other engineers.
- Engaging in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, service integration and geo-expansion, software performance analysis and system tuning.
- 3+ years of software development experience using C#
- Experience with cloud-based software development
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Electrical & Computer Engineering or Mathematics or equivalent experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.