Sr. Business Systems Engineer
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage.
Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About the role:
The NetSuite Sr. Business Systems Engineer is a critical part of our Business Systems Team, serving as the primary interface with all departments as it relates to our existing implementation of Netsuite and future modifications. This is a great opportunity to grow professionally as you will be working cross functionally with multiple business partners including Engineering, Finance, FP&A, & Supply Chain on customizing Samsara’s ERP platform to meet evolving business needs. This will include script development, configuration changes, testing, troubleshooting, process engineering, & creating searches and reports. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background in NetSuite with excellent analytical and communication skills.
In this role, you will:
- Design, implement, and maintain configurations and customizations of NetSuite and ancillary software connections to meet evolving needs
- Develop, test and deploy customizations, custom objects, third party tools / applications and new NetSuite functionality based on evolving business needs
- Lead by example to drive development standards, quality & processes
- Communicate effectively to cross-functional personnel with varying degrees of technical proficiency - Leading meetings, delivering presentations, timely status updates and more
- Handle ambiguity and work effectively in a fast paced agile environment
- Mentor/ provide thought leadership to junior engineers and cross functional team members
- Produce and maintain excellent development documentation including PRDs, test plans, user stories, playbooks, runbooks, gantt charts, architecture diagrams, wireframe/ mocks, etc
- Keep up-to-date with NetSuite functionality, new technology & coding standards. Identifying other key technologies to support and improve the business process centered on the NetSuite platform as necessary.
- Act independently to drive initiatives, bugs, enhancements from discovery through deployment and hypercare
- Collaborate/ lead development of cross-system solutions in complex highly integrated environment
- Provide ongoing system/technical support to NetSuite users and business partners including training
- Maintain NetSuite and other related 3rd party business applications for internal users
- Monitor end-user usage of systems and track performance
- Be responsible for the change management and release process of NetSuite
An ideal candidate has:
- 5+ years of continuous Netsuite system development experience in complex environments with multiple integrations
- 2-3 years of software development experience
- Expert knowledge of SuiteScript 1.0 & 2.0, SuiteFlow, SuiteTalk, SQL, csv imports, user provisioning, defining roles, analytics and scheduling scripts
- Expert knowledge of roles, permissions, page layouts, custom objects, reports and dashboards
- Strong experience with OneWorld, ARM, Order to Cash, Supply Chain, Contract Renewals, SuiteAnalytics
- Experience completing 1 full Netsuite ERP implementation
- Experience with Netsuite SuiteCloud Development Framework and development tools like Webstorm or Visual Studio
- Web service development experience C# or other object-oriented programming language
- Exposure to visual (WYSIWYG) drag and drop software development tools
- Strong familiarity with “cloud computing” and web technologies PaaS, SaaS, IPaaS
- High level of general IT knowledge expected
- Experience with Salesforce.com development preferred
- Experience mentoring and providing thought leadership to junior engineers/ cross functional teams
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or a related field of study strongly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills required
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Aptitude for understanding and troubleshooting technical problems
- NetSuite Certification(s) preferred
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at [email protected].