Senior Program Manager
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Are you passionate about Networking, Cloud Computing, and Large Scale Distributed Systems? Do you want to work on a fast-paced team that has a proven track record of delivering industry leading innovations? Are you highly passionate about customers, partners, and driving long lasting business value? If so, please read on …
The Azure Networking team continues to innovate across the network stack, pushing new scale and features into the cloud while transforming our datacenter infrastructure to meet the growing needs 200-plus Microsoft online services, including Bing, Office 365, SharePoint, Skype, OneDrive and several hundred thousand customers using Azure to host and run their Cloud Services in over 100 datacenters, running millions of servers and edge computing nodes all over the world.
We are looking for a senior program manager to work on unique and highly visible projects in the Data Center Networking area that would shape the future of our network. The outcome will directly impact new business opportunities for Azure. You will be responsible for defining, driving execution and adoption of these capabilities with significant business impact. You will have the opportunity to work in a broad range of technical areas, and across component teams inside Windows Azure, and within the Cloud & Enterprise division.
- Deep networking experience and understanding of network routing protocols
- Strong focus on delivering end to end customer value
- Demonstrated technical problem solving and communication skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced dynamic environment with rapidly changing requirements
- Track record of making pragmatic business and engineering tradeoffs to deliver business value
- Demonstrated leadership and exceptional cross-team skills
- 4+ years of software development and/or technical program management experience shipping services
- Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science or a related field or equivalent experience
- Proven experience in planning and executing on complex multi cycle initiatives
- Experience in Data Center Network Technologies is a plus
- Data Analytics experience is highly desirable
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.