Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
The Global HR Services organization provides the end-to-end operational and support services for Microsoft HR. Serving 140,000+ employees in over 100+ countries. The primary areas of focus being employee, manager & candidate support services, core HR operations (HR hire-to-retire processes), business process optimization, HR solutions, and project management. The success of the HR Services organization is critical to the overall effectiveness of HR and our ability to ensure consistent, predictable and transformative employee and manager experiences.
HR Services is critical to the overall effectiveness of the HR experience across Microsoft. HR Services brings the HR support model and experience to the scale of the global Microsoft employee population by providing the platform for end-to-end operational services and employee experiences with responsibilities spanning employee self-service, assisted support, and employee relations. HR Services is responsible for the operational delivery across a broad range of employee life-cycle experiences such as onboarding, performance and development rewards, talent movement and offboarding. As the catalyst for HR digital transformation, HR Services is also leading the Human Capital Management solution strategy with the global launch of our new HR Core Solution. HR Services holds the key accountability for HR privacy, risk and compliance.
HR Business Excellence is a global function that provides overall governance, risk management, compliance monitoring, privacy and security assessments, and continuity and response services for all of HR. The Risk Manager for HR Privacy is an integral member of the HR Business Excellence organization and plays a key role in the delivery of high-quality privacy compliant solutions around the world. This person will be part of the HR Privacy team and will be responsible for enabling a variety of important privacy governance activities, including reviews.
This role requires the candidate to be highly motivated and passionate about privacy, and strive to make our applications, tools, and processes compliant with privacy standards and regulations. This position requires the proven ability to advocate for the right thing and to influence HR leaders and the ability to establish and deliver processes.
To be successful in this role, the individual in this position will need effective communication skills to align team around strategy and goals, able to easily communicate across organizations, excellent stakeholder engagement skills, a high level of attention to detail, passionate about continuous improvement approach, and to model the Microsoft values and behaviors.
- Perform thorough, documented privacy reviews assisting HR, IT, and legal
- Develop and maintain ongoing documentation, enhancement of the program, and assist with escalations/inquiries.
- Provide subject matter expertise to managed vendor service on execution of documented privacy reviews.
- Ownership of privacy review tooling strategy including business requirements and issue management.
- Provide overall program management for the HR Data Asset Inventory and ensure the Inventory is always accurate and updated on a regular basis.
- Deliver the strategy & policies about HR apps & tools, including the path to data minimization and retirement.
- Partner with the HR Data Steward to evangelize data classification and support teams in their data classification needs.
- Enable readiness activities as part of the delivery of program responsibilities; provide orgs with consumable procedures, requirements, guidance, and support aligned to business strategies.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA, JD or an advanced degree in Risk or Operations preferred.
- 5+ years of experience with a combination of the following: Risk Management, Privacy, legal, HR, project management
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP, or CIPM) preferred
- Demonstrated excellence in stakeholder management, customer service, change management and building productive partnerships at all levels within a matrix organization
- Excellent organization and project management skills – this will require planning, organizing and coordinating, negotiating, establishing effective cross-team relationships, prioritization, and delivery against objectives
- Demonstrated problem solving capacity and the ability to make decisions that impact customer service levels with a sense of urgency
- Proven team player & strategic collaborator; able to lead execution of short, mid and long-term projects across organizational & geographical boundaries through great team work
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentations skills
- Ability to maintain highly confidential and sensitive information
* This position may be remote in the United States.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.