Senior Web Developer
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to revolutionize the way developers interact with Microsoft?
If this is you, join us in our effort to create extraordinary experiences for our technical audiences working on sites such as azure.microsoft.com and docs.microsoft.com.
You are passionate about web development, the right user experience and building big systems that can handle a lot of traffic. You are opinionatedinthe way things should be built and the processes by which we should get there; but your opinions are built on a respectable foundation of experience. As a team, we will work together to find the best solutions.
Additionally, you have the demonstrated ability and prowess to navigate cross-organizational boundaries to build strong relationships with other engineering teams. You are not afraid to get into the details with homegrown platforms and applications and find their place in our workflow.
*This role can be remote anywhere in the U.S.
- Developand extend existing web applications on a global scale for one of the most visible digital properties–Azure.Microsoft.com.
- Provide design guidanceand code reviews to other teammates.
- Contribute to planning and strategy around the site experience, the technical implementation and the team’s workflow.
- Technical expertise in various areas of software engineering and track record of successful project delivery.
- Experience building accessible web applications and interfaces usinga componentizeddesign language.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills with cross-team problem solving ability.
- Abilityto mentor/advise other team members to help them improve and grow.
- Strong coding skills in HTML,CSS(LESS/SASS is ideal), and C#with a deep understanding of responsive web design and accessibility.
- Passion for internal collaboration with code reviews and knowledge sharing.
- Experience with web fundamentals, application performance analysis and improvement.
- Define estimates, roadmaps and contribute tositestrategy – from ideation to articulation to delivery.
- Ableto work across the whole team todriveimprovements in site quality, reliability, andthe customerexperience.
- Experience working with distributed source code systems such as Git.
- Leading feature crews that have complex dependencies across many other teams.
- Solid UX design skills, including responsive and accessible design needs.
- Experience with technologies like Single Page Applications, JSON,Reactand AJAX.
- Experience withthe Microsoftdesign language.
- Experience improving services using alerting, monitoring, telemetry, etc.
- Experience with client or server-side experimentation.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.