Principal Software Engineer
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina, Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
As part of the Business Application Services (BAS) Team, accountable for SAP at Microsoft, we make global impact on millions of customers and thousands of employees who use mission-critical ERP software and services, and are very active in Microsoft + SAP ‘go-to-market’ activities.
The SAP Enterprise Architect, for Federal, is a senior-level position, where specific domain expertise, strong cross-function integration knowledge, strategic thinking, superior inter-personal and communication skills and deep SAP and Dassian systems experience are ‘absolutes’, requiring any successful applicant to be deeply experienced and a mature, well-rounded personality.
The role is responsible for the overall design and architecture of all business solutions within and around the existing SAP S/4HANA, and Dassian add-in, landscape.
As respected member of the global SAP Architecture Team, the Enterprise Architect:
- As the domain expert for Federal, serves as the conduit between business process and technology
- Provides advisory recommendations on SAP + Dassian features alignment and usage, where needed, backed by Prototype/Proof of Concept examples.
- Delivers innovative solutions that will increase our operational agility and enable our continued growth and supports ongoing project activities.
- Researches and develops new solutions leveraging Microsoft’s Platform and Emerging Technologies (Azure, Machine Learning, IoT, etc.) in support of our global Go-To-Market strategy.
This role may be eligible for remote work.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements
- As the Subject Matter Expertise for Federal business, you will provide guidance to the various systems (SAP + Dassian) projects and delivery teams within the Federal domain area.
- Develop, recommend, and prototypes practical business solutions on the SAP S/4HANA + Dassian landscape.
- Work closely with the Technical Architect teams to translate functional requirements into technical specifications, the landscape.
- Spearhead the remediation of technical debt within the current landscape, through deploying standard solution capabilities.
- Work closely with the various Product group to leverage Microsoft technologies within our internal eco-system, including the integration of SAP and Dassian, as well as with other surround systems e.g. Dynamics365 (CRM), to create compelling, Microsoft go-to-market references.
- Develop and prototype innovative solutions in and around SAP and Microsoft emerging technologies, e.g. ML/AI, Bots, IoT and Blockchain, amongst others.
- US Citizenship
- A minimum of a Bachelors degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Software Design, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required.
- 10 years' minimum experience in Software Design, Software Development, or Software Architecture.
- 15+ years of relevant SAP or industry experience, with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering out of the box and customized solutions implementations within SAP and Federal business landscapes.
- At least 5 years of experience with large technology engagements as a Domain Expert or Enterprise Architect with a specialization in Order Management, Fulfillment/Logistics Execution and/or Professional Services.
- Knowledgeable and skilled in SAP ECC [SD, MM, LE/LO, PS, CPM] + S/4HANA EM [Sales, Supply Chain, Sourcing and Procurement, Service], and peripheral to role, functional domains including but not limited to; SAP MDG, SAP Business Warehouse, General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Controlling, Product Costing, Profitability Analysis.
- A honed, proven ability to engage with customers and partners to understand their business needs and priorities, lead requirement gathering and analysis, and design solutions leveraging appropriate features and frameworks, which drive business transformation.
- Excellent interpersonal and group dynamic skills
- Strong written and verbal communication, and presentation, skills, with a comfort engaging with all stakeholder groups (in particular, project management and development teams who will be responsible for solution implementation, deployment and support), regardless of seniority or experience.
- The ability to analyze problems and make appropriate decisions quickly
- Prior experience in architecting solutions for SAP NetWeaver and S/4HANA landscapes
- Prior experience with emerging technologies including ML, AI, IoT or Blockchain a plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.