Senior Program Manager
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Are you passionate about creating new devices and experiences? The Surface Team is defining the next generation of products to engage and delight our customers. We’re looking for a talented program manager to own the definition and execution of key elements of the Surface Duo OS and future products.
Our team is responsible for applications and UI - everything from core UI and accessibility to apps and experiences like communication, camera and photos, gaming, integration with M365, retail experience and more. As a senior PM on the team, you’ll take one or more of these areas and drive them from design to spec to execution. This is a great opportunity to have significant impact, demonstrate ownership of large areas by defining the scope and roadmap in alignment with business strategy, and work on cutting edge hardware and experiences.
This role has incredible scope, responsible for aligning our software plans to Microsoft’s strategic priorities, understanding competition, collaborating with a great cross-discipline team to plan differentiated features and scenarios, and driving execution.
- Understand Microsoft’s corporate and divisional strategies and map those to concrete product plans
- Track and analyze competition
- Leverage internal and external resources (as well as your own expertise and perspective) to identify unique and differentiated scenarios and features
- Drive detailed planning resulting in spec level collateral aligned with stakeholders
- Drive the execution and delivery using engineering tools, triage, tracking and reporting aligning to product milestones
- Partner closely with internal and external engineering teams to track progress, remove roadblocks and deliver timely results
- Drive strategic alignment and achieve senior management and executive level buy in and sponsorship
- Organize and present program reviews/status to engineering, business, and senior management
- 5+ years of experience in program management or other engineering discipline defining, driving, and shipping products through multiple ship cycles
- Held responsibility for the creation of functional specifications, project schedules and building plans to deliver
- Prior experience and passion for the mobile space is highly desired.
- Experience with imaging, mobile communications, security, privacy, or accessibility is a plus.
- Experience shipping hardware products is a plus.
- High degree of flexibility - willing to fill in the gaps when needed to advance the program
- Outstanding track record of accomplishing results in a matrixed environment, working collaboratively across boundaries and influencing other teams
- Bachelor’s degree highly desired, Master’s degree is a plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.