Senior Software Engineer , Managed Rooms & Devices
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Job Type: Full time
In Managed Rooms & Devices we deliver intelligent services around devices used in shared and personal spaces. In our highly entrepreneurial team we boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances. As a growing, well-funded team, have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, and grow within our organization. If you join us you will work in a highly collaborative team that is run on the principles of individual ownership and universal approachability. We are working in a growing space, so you have the ability to shape your area of development and learn.
We're looking for a seasoned developer to build and operate a new Devices Concierge service for our customers. This is a fantastic opportunity for full stack developers building Azure Services and Web Front ends in a small team (startup-like) environment. Our mission is to deliver the best M365 communication spaces experience. Imagine saying that you have Fixed Meeting Rooms once and for all -- that is what we will do.
Overall responsibilities of a Senior Software Engineer in the Devices Partner Engineering Team:
- Service - Build Azure services to manage a global set of conference rooms as part of a Concierge service to customers. You'll use a host of Azure PaaS services.
- Web - Build Multi-platform Web Portals (e.g. React, Angular, etc.) to be used by concierge agents to manage rooms and customers
- System - Build Win32 & Powershell applications to Query, Configure, and Deploy Meeting Room devices dynamically
- Engineering - Integrate with a Data pipeline to send enhanced telemetry and use and enhance a full CI/CD pipelines and flighting to maintain quality
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related engineering field
- 8 years + of hands-on software development experience with an object-oriented programming language
- Experience with Azure PaaS
- Solid technical and problem-solving skills
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
“At Microsoft, we believe that the only way we will achieve our mission is through our culture. Our culture belongs to all of us and we are all expected to demonstrate a growth mindset, embrace diversity and inclusion, and for Managers to deliver on our manager expectations of Model, Coach and Care.” Learn more about the key aspects of our culture.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.