Director, Okta on Okta (San Francisco, CA) (Remote Eligible)
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
The Director of Okta on Okta is a new position crafted to elevate our strategic initiative for how Business Technology uses Okta’s Identity Cloud to transform our customer and employee experience. Collaborate cross-functionally with GTM, Product and Engineering to improve our products and services. This is a high visibility position that reaches across every part of Okta. We are excited to bring in a visionary leader to drive the Voice of the Customer program, bring it to new heights, and showcase the power of using your own products.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Driving the strategy, direction and oversight of the Okta on Okta program end to end.
- Establish deep expertise in how Okta’s Identity Cloud can transform our customer and employee experience.
- Build strong relationships and credibility with Engineering and Product organizations to champion Okta on Okta as a Voice of the Customer. Influence new product features and/or enhancements to enhance our customer and employee experience to benefit Okta and our customers.
- Leading the Okta on Okta technical team responsible for implementing workforce enabling capabilities and driving internal delivery of Customer Identity and Access Management (CIAM) capabilities.
- Driving the creation of materials that support our Sales and Marketing teams with our go-to-market efforts. This includes presentation narratives and materials for our Customer Experience Center (CEC), whitepapers and blog posts, Oktane and other event session materials.
- Designing a top-notch customer showcase experience for Okta’s products and demonstrating the benefits that can be attained by a leading-edge implementation.
- 10+ years of IT industry experience with a bachelor’s degree in some aspect of science, engineering or business is required.
- Significant knowledge of identity, authentication and authorization and application security.
- Experience with web security best practices and standards
- Prior experience driving the creation of building go to market materials or marketing programs
- Experience leading a globally distributed workforce
- Experience building and running budgets
- In-depth knowledge of the software development process and of software design methodologies.
- Experience delivering complex projects at scale.
- Experience building a competitive advantage in the marketplace
- Experience building and running an internal program similar to Okta on Okta is a plus
- Ability to take a collaborative approach and ask questions about design choices to provide insights and guidance based on past experience and knowledge
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.