Director- Cellular Systems and Algorithms
Location: Mountain View, California
Job Type: Full time
Director-Cellular Systems and Algorithms
Microsoft HoloLens Team in Mountain View, CA is continuing to revolutionize consumer electronic devices.
As Director-Cellular Systems and Algorithms, you will creating and leading team of engineers responsible for all aspects of cellular systems including design, integration, factory RF calibration and type approval. You will be responsible for collaboration with multiple cross functional teams such as Power, Performance, OS, Human Interface and Privacy in order to provide the best cellular user experience on our products.
We are growing team of experienced product developers, working in a startup environment on redefining experiences with epic technology innovation. We are developing ground-breaking hardware, software and experiences across computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and image and video processing, networking and graphics.
- Work with Chipset vendors, infrastructure partners ( Cloud and Cellular operators) in order to define and develop cellular features for Hololens.
- Responsible for tools to calibrate and test HW during mass production.
- Exercise influence on the ecosystem to push the innovation envelope.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with cross-functional hardware and software engineering teams.
- Responsible for all cellular features from ideation, development, validation, type approval and operator approval.
- Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the cross functional partner teams.
- Manage engineers and help them develop their careers, assigning them to projects tailored to their skill levels, long-term skill development, personalities, and work styles.
We are looking for the following competencies and qualifications in a candidate:
- Passionate about people and org leadership: You should have 15+ years of wireless experience and 10+ years managing multi-disciplinary teams. This role will set clear decision-making process and accountability for the team to achieve goals and commitments. In order to be successful, you will need to show a strong commitment to people development.
- Build high performance Teams and Infrastructure: Our ideal candidate is a proven leader with a passion for building teams.
- Hardware, Software, & Services: Our ideal candidate will boast a proven ability to lead across multiple functional areas to deliver products that incorporate hardware, software and services.
- Collaboration: You should show a proven ability to work with cross-groups, delivering products and services for a global market, partnering with development teams based around the world.
- 15+ year of experience in wireless technologies such as 3G, LTE and 5G
- Deep understanding of 5G features including Network Slicing, URLLC, Beam Management and mmWave
- Experience with all phases of product development from ideation, development, validation, and mass manufacturing.
- Proven experience in shipping consumer electronics products such Mobile Handsets, Tablet computer and wearables.
- Demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- MS in computer engineering or electrical engineering
- Experience supporting, coaching, mentoring, and developing engineers.
- Experience developing, debugging, and shipping Complex Products (HW and SW)
- Experience in managing managers.
- Experience of working with key cellular chipset vendors, infrastructure vendors and cellular operators.
- Complete understanding of consumer electronics product development cycle
- Overall understanding of HW, SW, Ecosystem and Services that power consumer electronics products and services.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.