Senior Director Azure Advanced Global Support – US Operations
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Are you interested in working for one of the most exciting products in Microsoft, passionate about exceeding customer expectations and advancing Microsoft’s cloud first strategy? Are you interested in a start-up like environment, excited about cloud computing and driving growth in one of Microsoft’s core businesses? If so, then look no further!
We are Azure Advanced Cloud Engineering (ACE) – a global Azure Engineering team (part of Azure Customer experience group) that is customer-obsessed, and support engaged, focused on driving customer success with an engineering mindset. Azure ACE is a rapidly growing organization committed to driving Azure growth through our relentless pursuit of satisfied Azure customers.
We are looking for a senior delivery executive leader to run the US Operations who is customer-obsessed with an engineering mindset to help us on our mission to deliver world class support experiences to our key Azure customers. This role is ideal for someone who is passionate about and has demonstrable experience in both direct customer engagement and leading a customer obsessed team. This role requires strong business acumen and people leadership, along with a technical background. As the leader of the US operations you will leverage your experience leading as a manager of managers and being the point of escalation for critical customer issues. You will partner with engineering teams within Azure and field teams to deliver great customer outcomes, needed technical solutions and exciting new capabilities, leading a team of highly skilled engineers delivering support.
As the Senior Director Azure Advanced Global Support – US Operations, you are accountable for the Azure customer support experience for our largest and most strategic customers. The responsibilities for this role include:
Lead a Customer Obsessed Support Delivery Team:
- Lead a high-performing team that will technically support our top Azure customers in partnership with support and engineering organization to resolve critical and complex technical issues in a 24x7x365 environment.
- Enable a customer obsessed environment where team members can relentlessly champion and advocate for customers in representing their issues to engineering teams and be a change agent to develop innovative ways to resolve their issues.
- Build a team culture that proactively addresses customer issue and have strong situational awareness of critical customer issues. When escalation is required you will be a critical point of customer escalation. Strong customer management and communication skills will be required as you manage these difficult situations.
- Build a close working relationship with the teams related to assigned service areas to leverage in case of escalations, as well as to drive product improvements.
- Drive world-class operational execution across your organization, leveraging your experience and industry best practices to ensure Azure is the world’s best Cloud Support Experience
Continual Engineering Improvement:
- Build a framework where the team not only works closely with Azure engineering teams to support customers with their complex issues but invests in engineering practices such as daily scrum and triage meetings to deeply understand platform gaps based on feedback and insights gained while supporting our customers.
- Collaborate with engineering teams across Azure based on a prioritize list of product improvement opportunities to eliminate top issues impacting customer experience.
- Create standards and best practices that simplify and optimize support capabilities, and drive adoption across multiple service teams across Azure, as well as to our broader Azure support delivery teams.
- Create an environment that fosters innovative approaches to automating customer solutions. Establish tight integration with Cloud Engineering to continually improve the Azure support tooling and diagnostics capabilities.
- Attract and build a diverse, high-performing team with capabilities needed to achieve current and future business objectives. Balance the development of existing employees while bringing in new and diverse external and internal talent. Develop additional strong leadership across your organization.
- Create an inclusive work environment where every employee can effectively engage and wants to be part of the team. Provide ongoing feedback that helps direct reports improve their performance. Promote a positive environment across the organization by modeling behavior that promotes good morale.
- Identify and develop technical and soft skills needed to deliver outstanding support and solutions to our customers. Leverage resources to help employees develop skills and support their career interests.
- Remove barriers to agility to enable the team to shift priorities quickly without losing customer focus and efficiency.
- 15+ years of client facing experience managing critical situations for global Fortune 100 customers.
- 8+ years of experience as a manager of managers and leading highly technical teams in a fast-paced environment.
- 8+ years of experience identifying customer needs & requirements, resolving customer reported challenges, developing customer-centric solutions and delivering stellar customer experiences.
- 8+ years of experience in a support, product management, program management or engineering environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in technology preferred or a combination of education and relevant client facing experience.
- Possess successful cross-teaming skills, including cultivating and influencing virtual stakeholder teams to achieve large impact results.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit and develop global teams that innovate and drive change
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.