Senior Program Manager
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Are you looking to join a team with purpose? Are you interested in creating a more security and safety in a connected world? With billions of new devices connected each year, security is more important than ever. Help protect a person’s or an organization’s data, privacy, physical safety, and infrastructure with Azure Sphere. It’s built on decades of Microsoft experience in hardware, software, and cloud to provide a turnkey security solution for IoT devices.As the Compliance Program Manager for Azure Sphere, you will be responsible for ensuring the Azure Sphere product and operations are compliant with all appropriate internal and external policies and regulations.
This role works very closely with engineers from cloud services, operating systems, and hardware to develop and execute strategic and tactical plans to ensure product is compliant as it is released to production. The role is also responsible for ensuring compliance of critical 3rd party partners across the Azure Sphere ecosystem.
The foundation for the Azure Sphere team is it’s culture. We strive to maintain a culture of Fearlessness, Kindness, and Trustworthiness, and all with the growth mindset required to encourage continuous development and improvement. 100% of Azure Sphere team members strive towards these cultural principles.
- Oversight, execution, and management of Azure Sphere compliance related to:
- Track Microsoft service 360 dashboard status, help teams to resolve the issues, provide regular status update to leadership team
- Address escalation from Azure compliance team
- Understand Microsoft Security development lifecycle (SDL) and related tool sets to ensure Azure Sphere follow those best practices
- Lead and track all Azure Sphere teams SDL assessment every 6 months
- Familiarize with Microsoft Privacy & GDPR guidelines, drive Azure Sphere teams privacy review each year
- Understand Microsoft Public Key Infrastructure requirements, help the team on PKI assessment every year
- Conduct service level risk assessment every 6 months
- Track and manage ISO and government related certification and auditing requirements to ensure Azure Sphere meets those standards and regulations
- Understand Microsoft open source usage and release principles, provide guidance to Azure Sphere teams on using OSS
- Building strong program-level best practices to support scalable and repeatable compliance efforts
- Discovering and assessing compliance requirements for new regions and vertical markets as the business expand
- Engaging customer and internal field sales engagement for ad hoc compliance support
- 7+ years’ experience in program and project management in medium-large scale projects
- Experience with cloud computing, online services, enterprise software development, engineering and/or operations at scale
- Fearless, kind, trustworthy, growth mindset, results-driven, and resourceful
- Preferred: BS/MS in Computer Science or STEM degree
- Prior experience in managing government and industry related to IoT compliance
- A passion for deep understanding customer needs and enabling business success
- Strong understanding Azure compliance requirements and translating into actionable engineering plans
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and able to manage multiple, disparate activities at once
- Ability to quickly ramp up on new technologies and identify and mitigate likely security risks
- Deep technical and security background to convey compliance related requirements and solutions to engineering solutions and features
- Basic awareness and experience working on information and data governance
- Attention to detail and willingness to dive into technical details
- Experience supporting Linux OS and Silicon design
- Outstanding cross-group collaboration skills and proven ability to drive initiatives across organizations
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Secure Screen: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check and credit history analysis upon hire/transfer and every year thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.