Senior Software Development Engineer
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
The Microsoft Research Special Projects group operates on the boundary betweenEngineering and Research. ProjectWatch For, part of MSR Special Projects, is pushing the boundaries of distributed systems and video AI in partnership with several large business organizations at Microsoft.
Watch For already powers experiences with a reach of tens of millions of users. We have an exciting roadmap ahead and are looking for engineers to work on the next generation of video AI systems along with a team ofworld-classresearchers.
If you are passionate about building large-scale systems, working collaboratively across disciplines, and comfortable quickly getting up-to-speed on new technologies and projects,reach outto us today.
- Design services with a strong focus on high availability,scalabilityand robustness
- Take end-to-end responsibility for the development, testing, and production readiness of the services youbuild
- Collaborate with Microsoft business organizations,e.g.Xbox, Bing, LinkedIn, on new innovations
- Build agility and predictability in the team’s ability to respond to customer needs
- 5+ years ofsoftware developmentexperience
- Experiencedeveloping, deploying, or managing distributedapplications
- BS or higher degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- Full stack development, hands-on experience with C#, C/C++, and history of delivering webexperiences
- Extensive experience with building on Azure or other public cloud providers
- Track record of delivering customer facing technical projects from concept tofinish
- Goodcommunication skills, ability to connect and collaborate with peers in partner teams, and agility to learn new technologies deeply and respond and adapt to business needs as they emerge while coordinating withothers
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.