Cloud Solution Architect - Data & AI - CTJ
Location: Chevy Chase, Maryland, Reston, Virginia, Washington, District of Columbia
Job Type: Full time
Our customers are looking for ways to innovate and disrupt themselves, they are tackling big challenges on meeting the new world of digital services. Our customers are digitally transforming and the Data Platform & Advanced Analytics Cloud Solution Architect will help build solutions for our Federal customers to help with their transformation journey. The goal of the Data/AI focused Cloud Solution Architect is to grow our customer Azure opportunities with deep industry and technical knowledge and experience. Azure is the most comprehensive, innovative and flexible cloud platform today and Microsoft is hiring professionals that will drive customer cloud adoption within the Federal Government. The Cloud Solution Architect is responsible for driving high priority customer initiatives on the Microsoft Azure platform in collaboration with customers and the Microsoft account team.
We are looking for a highly motivated and passionate Data Platform & Advanced Analytics Cloud Solution Architect to drive high priority customer initiatives on the Microsoft Azure Platform in collaboration with customers and the Microsoft field in Enterprise accounts segment of our business. This is a customer facing role, owning overall technical relationship between customer and Microsoft Data, Advanced Analytics and Artificial Intelligence Platform.
This role is responsible for creating customer value by accelerating cloud consumption, supportability and architecting of innovative and complex solutions. In addition, Cloud Solution Architects build speculative solutions using emerging technologies as part of digital disruption and transformation strategy. The Data/AI Cloud Solution Architect role requires both broad and deep technology knowledge and the ability to architect solutions by mapping our customers’ business problems to end-to-end technology solutions. The role is seen as a deep, subject matter expert. The candidate must have demonstrated ability to engage in discussions with senior level technology decision makers related to agility, business value, and technology solutions as well as the ability to develop and deploy customer approved solution architectures.
Microsoft envisions a world where passionate innovators come to collaborate. A place where they can envision taking their careers to places they simply couldn’t imagine anywhere else. This is a world of more possibility, more innovation, more openness, and sky’s-the-limit thinking – a cloud-enabled world where we can help transform and allow our customers to disrupt themselves before someone else would.
Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. We care deeply about taking our ideals and vision global and making a difference in lives and organizations in all corners of the world. We are always learning. Insatiably curious. We lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from our mistakes. We build on each other’s ideas, because we are better together. We stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve and are motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation. Together we make a difference.
To be credible the Cloud Solution Architect must have current and deep experience with implementation of cloud technologies and Data & AI. The Cloud Solution Architect applies advanced analysis skills and experience in principals of architecture to define appropriate customer solutions and own the Data Platform & Advanced Analytics technical customer engagements including architectural design sessions, specific implementation projects and/or Minimal Viable Products (MVPs). The ideal candidate will have experience in customer-facing roles and success leading deep technical architecture discussions with senior customer executives, Enterprise Architects, IT Management and Developers to drive Data Platform and Advanced Analytics solutions to production. The Cloud Solution Architect should understand competitive technology and how to properly assess feasibility of migrating customer solutions from, and/or integrating with customer solutions hosted on, non-Microsoft platforms.
Key responsibilities include:
- Understand customers’ overall data estate, IT and business priorities and success measures to design implementation architectures and solutions.
- Apply technical knowledge to architect solutions that meet business and IT needs, create Data Platform, AA/AI roadmaps, and ensure long term technical viability of new deployments, infusing key analytics technologies where appropriate (e.g. Azure ML, Database Platforms, Big Data, Data Lake, Azure Databricks, Azure Synapse, etc.)
- Ensure that solution exhibits high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, appropriate reusability and reliability upon deployment
- Develop deep relationships with key customer IT decision makers, who drive long-term cloud adoption within their company to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Be a Voice of Customer to share insights and best practices, connect with Engineering team to remove key blockers
- Assess the Customers' knowledge of Azure platform and overall cloud readiness to support customers through a structured learning plan and ensure its delivery through partners.
- Collaborate with other Cloud Solution Architects in developing complex end-to-end Enterprise solutions on Microsoft Azure platform,
- Maintain technical skills and knowledge, keeping up to date with market trends and competitive insights; collaborate and share with the technical community while educate customers on Azure platform
- Be an Azure Platform evangelist with customers, partners and external communities
- Experience. 5+ years of success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects, architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of cloud based applications required
- Relationship Building. Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior IT executives in large or highly strategic accounts. Experience in managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects. required
- Problem Solving. Ability to solve customer problems through cloud technologies required
- Collaboration and Communication. Acknowledged for driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Ability to orchestrate, lead, and influence virtual teams, ensuring successful implementation of customer projects. Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences (Senior Executives, IT management, Database administrators and Data Scientist) required
- Enterprise-scale technical experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs including scalability, security and resiliency, database migrations, and cloud technology management. required
- Breadth of technical experience and knowledge, with depth / Subject Matter Expertise (SME) in the following Data Platform Cloud solutions and/or data estate workloads required:
- SQL platforms including SQL Server (Database/Analysis Services), Azure SQL DB, OSS Databases (PostgreSQL), ETL/ELT systems
- NoSQL Databases including Azure Cosmos DB, and OSS Databases (Cassandra, Mongo etc)
- Big Data platforms including SQL DW (Synapse), Snowflake, Redshift, Spark (EMR/HDInsight)
- Advanced Analytics, including Azure Data Bricks
- Visualization tools, including PowerBI, and/or Tableau
- Machine Learning, including Azure ML Services / ML Flow
- Artificial Intelligence, including Azure Cognitive Services
- General awareness of Data Governance and Stewardship processes
- General awareness of Machine Learning / Data Science and model operationalization processes
- The technical aptitude, enthusiasm and desire to adapt to change, learn new technologies and understand relevant industry and cloud trends required
Competitive Landscape: Knowledge of enterprise public cloud platforms and related industry/marketplace preferred
Partners: Understanding of partner ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineer or related field preferred
- Professional Cloud Certification in one or more of the following technologies preferred: Cloud, Database, Big Data, BI, Data Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence
- Prior work experience in a Consulting/Architecture position within a software engineering and/or professional services company such as Amazon, VMware, Google, IBM, Oracle, or similar desired
- Knowledge of Azure cloud services
- General Knowledge of competitive cloud services desired
The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen. Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance. Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate clearance and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment action up to and including termination.
Clearance Verification: This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment.
Cloud Screening: Candidates must be able to successfully complete and pass a Microsoft Cloud background screening. Required Cloud Screenings will be administered on a recurring bi-annual basis.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.