Business Program Manager
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to play a significant role in Microsoft’s success transforming itself into a cloud first technology leader? Are you passionate about customers, sellers, process improvement and operational excellence? Do you want the opportunity to influence and participate in the roll out of once-in-a-generation change to Microsoft’s core commerce systems? Does the challenge of overcoming obstacles that others perceive as insurmountable excite you? If so, look no further than this opportunity within the Azure Commerce Customer Engineering & Enablement team.
This Business Program Manager role has responsibility for driving success with our Enterprise sellers in landing the customer value of the new commerce experience under the Microsoft Customer Agreement, increasing platform adoption and in turn, consumption, by ensuring partners and their customers have a great end to end commerce experience. In this role, you will manage engagements with the field designed to understand their customer’s key commerce needs, aligning the needs with the right sales motion and licensing vehicle, while gathering feedback on feature gaps to drive changes into commerce engineering, furthering the competitive advantage of our commerce solutions. As a principal, you will lead virtual teams building out programs to drive continued success in moving our largest enterprise customers onto the new commerce experience and hold accountability for driving achievement to OKRs.
You will drive knowledge and awareness in coordination with engineering and readiness teams into the field and their customer base on our commerce capabilities ensuring success and acceleration of consumption of Azure on our platform. You will have responsibility for engaging with the seller community and their customer base understanding the business challenges a great commerce solution could solve for and gaining insights into how our commerce solutions can be a competitive advance for their businesses. That includes identifying future features needs or short term stop gap solution, policy, process, or training needs including leverage existing tooling to meet the unique needs of our Enterprise customers.
- Help set the vision and drive alignment across groups, and execute on the plan to drive acceleration and growth in our New Commerce platform
- Build and manage programs delivered by global v-team to land the 50 largest customers that can be served by the new commerce features onto the platform
- Coordinate and conduct deep global engagements with Enterprise sellers and their Azure customers
- Be the subject matter expert on the new commerce experience capabilities enabling rapid responses to field seller needs and to v-team members.
- Conduct customer meetings with sellers to assess capability needs of the customer in order to help guide them to the right features and programs.
- Capture learnings with each and every interaction with the field and the customers ensuring we are making data driven decisions on how to shape the commerce experience of the future.
- Help the field model their customer deals when needed to demonstrate the fit gap analysis.
- Drive the identification and preparation of collateral that can be leveraged for customer facing discussions when none currently exists.
- Build deep relationships and trust with our seller community through regular outreach and demonstration of value added service to their efforts landing enterprise deals on new commerce.
KEY LEADERSHIP/PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
- Demonstrated leadership skills in setting vision and designing repeatable programs and processes
- Ability to collaborate across groups to align goals and activities
- Ability to understand and analyze complex business processes
- Strong technical proficiency with learning new tools, analyzing data, and using it for decision making.
- Able to work effectively under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Customer-oriented with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong business acumen and ability to understand decision impacts
- Relationship building skills, maturity, strong presentation skills, high degree of self-confidence
- 8+ years program management experience in a product/Commerce team understanding customer needs and turning that into features that will create value
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering or Business or equivalent industry experience.
- Outstanding cross-group collaboration skills and proven ability to partner across teams
- Sales focused, comfortable in sales discussions, customer facing discussions
- Has the ability to go deep in features and values of MCA.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to tailor messaging up and down the management chain.
- Self-motivated leader with the ability to influence and drive strategy across teams.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire others.
- A passion for deeply understanding customer needs, enabling the business, and driving for results.
- Strong track record of delivering programs for customers and success for Microsoft
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.