Sr Software Engineer
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Minecraft inspires millions to create together, connects people across the globe, and brings together a community that is among the most active and passionate in the world. The Minecraft team is looking for a developer to build up the tools that enable our creator community to make great content.
Software Engineers take end-to-end ownership for development and quality of products and services that delight customers and add strategic value to Microsoft. They evaluate requirements, estimate costs, and design and implement products and services. They define and implement the quality criteria for their products and services, using measurements and insights to understand and validate the quality of experience for customers. They manage and improve the engineering process, manage risks, dependencies and compromises, and integrate software into broader ecosystems and/or products and services.
As an experienced software engineer you work with peers across disciplines (Art, Design, Production, and Test) to build robust features on a predictable schedule and at high quality. You identify technology opportunities, risks, and prototyping new techniques to create high quality creator-focused tools.
- Takes a player and creator centric approach.
- Designs elegant solutions for systems considering overall product architecture and creator content support.
- Produces simple, extensible, and maintainable high-quality code.
- Ensures consistent use and improvement of our test infrastructure.
- Uses technical knowledge of the product design and code to identify risks and prevent classes of bugs.
- Leads design and code reviews across the feature area.
- Optimizes team processes to improve productivity and responsiveness to feedback and changing priorities.
- Engages and maintains consistent communication with all disciplines.
- Leads by example on all the above to help the team grow.
- Experience with mobile, console, or PC entertainment experiences
- Mastery of code in C++ (at least 5 years) and other languages
- Strong design and programming knowledge with domain expertise in two or more areas
- Experience working with the design discipline on UX
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to quickly prototype and iterate
- Self-directed and takes initiative to drive progress
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.