Design-in Tech Strategist - Partner Services
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
The Portfolio, Solutions and Marketing (PSM) team are looking for a leader to help us develop our services portfolio of Microsoft 365 (M365)-based solutions to grow new scale businesses within the device partner ecosystem at Microsoft. As part of Microsoft’s Device Partner Sales team, the PSM team is central to delivering on Microsoft’s vision for enabling digital transformation with an Intelligent Edge and Intelligent Cloud. This team is responsible for accelerating the portfolio, business model, and new offer pipeline for partner services solutions that drives business growth and enables revenue, share and usage for Microsoft and our partners. We are agile, we innovate and focus on growth in our products, capabilities, and services with our partners. The open position for Portfolio Lead – Partner Services will lead our group’s efforts to drive the right services portfolio strategy, partnerships and solutions to enable us to win customers, compete in the market and expand into new solution scenarios that leverage the extensibility and scale of M365 and associated services.
This role offers the unique opportunity to develop a global services roadmap, and then implement that roadmap with support from engineering, marketing, and sales. Key duties include:
- Deliver a portfolio of solutions in partnership with internal teams that drive consumption and revenue – focusing on modernizing partner services and supporting partner evolution by building Managed Service Provider (MSP) capabilities and business models integrated into M365 via extensions and graph APIs
- Drive the pipeline of incubation opportunities leveraging this portfolio of services with Microsoft and partner sales teams to increase services-based revenue and usage
This leader will manage a cross disciplinary virtual team focused on delivering a portfolio of M365-based partner solutions across DPS partners. Examples would be deployment, management, and security services, delivered by the partner and integrating with M365 technologies such as Microsoft Endpoint Manager. The leader will be able to function at a strategic level, understanding the technology and product offerings, market dynamics, ecosystem players, and routes to market. Candidates should possess strong analytical skills and the ability to create data-driven, actionable strategies at a global level. This leader will also possess the ability to secure executive sponsorship and resourcing for new incubation initiatives, while landing the innovation roadmap with top accounts to deepen their commitment to Microsoft, increase revenue attainment, and set stage for scaling these new offers across the DPS sales force. Strong partnership with our sales and technical design teams is also a requirement, ensuring that we create sustainable new opportunities that can be taken forward by our global engines.
Specific role duties include:
- Delivering a multi-year roadmap of service offers, committed to by Microsoft and Partner leadership
- Identifying competitive opportunities in the device deployment, management and security market and architecting solutions that offer integrated value to customer audiences like IT Professionals
- Ensuring alignment with internal roadmaps, building aligned solution plans and selecting partners that will co-invest and execute these plans
- Working across engineering, business development and sales to land accretive solution wins that leverage Microsoft and Partner IP and capabilities
- Developing deep relationships within the ecosystem (consultancies, large technology providers and innovative startups) that can help accelerate partner solutions under development
- Effectively liaising with Business Development and Account teams, to develop innovative new partnership opportunities in the space and ensure engineering commitment to support them
- Identifying and aligning partners/partner capability to incubation and scale strategies for new scenarios and services offers
- Provide feedback to corporate teams on BOM, ROI, services, and partner engagement models.
- Identifying a differentiated partner portfolio and industry solutions that represent continuous innovation, meeting both articulated and unarticulated customer needs
- Partnering with Account teams, Sales and Marketing Leads and Industry teams to land the business value of Microsoft priorities and technology portfolio at EBCs, key events, and executive client touch points strengthening Microsoft’s role as a trusted advisor.
- Achievement of key KPIs and targets (Services Offers, New Deals, Services Revenue)
- At least 5 years of experience in a combination of business development management consulting, tech sales and/or product management in a services-related setting
- Master communicator with superb ability to translate technology solutions into business outcomes with high ROI for Microsoft and its partners
- Deep incubation and innovation expertise to enable translation of technical solutions into growth engines
- Deep understanding of the industry competitive landscape and ability to translate Microsoft’s value proposition to drive global compete strategies in services scenarios
- Understanding and experience with the application of Microsoft 365 technologies such as Microsoft Endpoint Manager, Intune, System Center Configuration Manager, and Conditional Access
- Experienced in solution selling methodologies and pipeline management
- Track record of driving business/product performance through influencing for impact and supporting strong cross-group and cross-cultural collaboration.
- Proven ability to work across functions and provide leadership in challenging situations.
- Ability to foresee future trends and a sixth sense for finding partners who can capitalize on them
- Skilled at prioritization, creating order and leading teams towards achieving a common goal
- Confidence under pressure especially within tight timelines
- Able to represent Microsoft at Key Industry events as a credible subject matter expert
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.