Senior Program Manager
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Office Data Foundations Team
Do you want to be at the leading edge of using Big Data to help redefine productivity for hundreds of millions of users around the world? Are you passionate about building products that thrive on data and insights to power product features and capabilities? The Team is on a mission to delight users and drive business growth by using data and insights that lead to compelling Office products and services. The data foundations team is all about building the data pipelines, data ingestion, diagnostics, privacy experiences, compliance, data at scale and cost management and related capabilities to support this mission.
The team is looking for a senior Program Manager to help manage COGS(costs) for the next generation of the data pipelines that will power all of the data for Office versions going forward. In this role, you will build on tools and APIs that the office developer community can use to ingest data and help figure out how to scale the data as office grows. You will collaborate with partner teams within office and across the company to build capabilities in the data pipeline that are performant, easy to use and can scale as office scales and reaches to more and more users.
This is a challenging, highly visible role and a fantastic opportunity for the right program manager to solve complex technical and business problems and create strong business impact in the Office organization.
- The ability to go deep on technical challenges, this role is all about understanding and building the right toolset for office developer community
- Passion for working with customers to understand their scenarios and business drivers
- Ability to develop product plans and roadmaps, define capabilities and drive project execution
- Ability to build strong relationships and deliver results in cross-group projects
- Ability to work independently in ambiguous situations, with a strong ‘Get it done’ attitude
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience building big data pipelines and driving metrics development. Familiarity with Microsoft technologies such as Cosmos is a strong plus.
- Experience working with data scientists and analysts on data projects is a strong plus.
- Demonstrated experience in the entire software product development cycle
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.