Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
The Dynamics 365 Business Q&A team under C+AI Design Studios is looking for a Principal-level hybrid Designer specialized in leading visual, interaction and research projects for professional software (e.g. systems and tools). The role calls for a multi-talent who can explore possibilities, clarify opportunities, inspire action and contribute design solutions and assets for shipping industry transforming solutions.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work on solutions for enterprise and natural language search across Dynamics. Utilize your full breadth of design skills from researching end-users and visualizing opportunities, to defining design strategy, designing concepts, IA and user interfaces. Ultimately, you’ll will ship validated designs to a range of business customers across different industries.
A growth mindset, exceptional communication and design skills, and a passion for learning to design ethically with AI are key to thriving in this role!
- Design user experience solutions that work across devices with focus on AI powered interaction modes.
- Partner with developers, PMs and researchers to deliver high quality experiences from product strategy to conception and until launch.
- Enable collaborators to do more through thought-leadership in AI infused user experiences and the ethical decisions they involve
- Define and manage the appropriate design approach for creating differentiating AI infused experiences.
- Lead the early concept phase by organizing and running idea sessions, creating mood boards, storyboarding, brainstorming, creating user scenarios and developing concept sketches
- Create design assets that illustrate feature vision, customer-value, and a high-quality user experience, including user flows, wireframes and other low-fidelity assets, medium and high-fidelity designs and prototypes, and ad hoc design assets to facilitate collaboration and demonstrate concepts to designers in other product groups
- Create frameworks and models which enable others to understand key concepts and relationships as well as generate valuable input
- Define research questions and methods to be used, as well as drawing actionable conclusions from findings and effectively communicating and documenting these findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design rationales both verbally and visually
- Collect and synthesize design/UX focused research from both customer feedback and Dynamics 365 products to inform designs
- Interpret technical information about artificial Intelligence, machine learning and natural language understanding to inform designs and content requirements
- Consult with designers on integration of Biz Q&A experiences to guide the design process from concept to completion
- Lead other designers in collaborating closely with program managers, engineers, applied researchers, and data scientists both within the team and with partner teams
- Drive collaboration across many Microsoft product groups to optimize the consumption of NLU and NL Search technologies across BAG and Microsoft
- MA in Interface Design, Visual Communication, HCI, Product Design or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of work-related experience in user interface, interaction and user experience design required.
- Experience with shipping products
- A portfolio demonstrating breadth and creativity in related fields.
- You have experience in building and shipping beautiful and intuitive applications.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and understanding of typography, color and layout principles.
- Has some experience with leading research projects
- Great listening skills, with an open minded and team-oriented approach to design.
- Extraordinary communication skills – the ability to make complex ideas understandable, demonstrate passion and leadership, and strong presentation skills.
- Self-motivated and directed.
- A strong interest in design and technology trends, especially in AI
- Creating interactive prototypes.
- Portfolio review is required.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
We value diversity at Microsoft. Maximizing the contribution of every individual allows us to infuse diverse thought as a natural part of the way we innovate.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.