Senior Software Engineer
Location: Sunnyvale, California
Job Type: Full time
Any Developer. Any App. Any Platform.
Come join the team responsible for delivering the Playwright family of products -Node.js library to automate Chromium, Firefox and WebKit with a single API- in Sunnyvale, CA.
It's an incredibly rich space with many challenging technical problems begging for well-designed, well-executed and innovative solutions.
We create solutions together in a rich, collaborative environment and while we work hard together, work/life balance and having fun are also core values. Make your mark, make an impact, and make developers the most successful and productive developers in the world!
Microsoft is committed to delivering products that empower every developer and every dev team on the planet to achieve more.
We are looking for 3 Senior Software Engineers to join our team in Sunnyvale, CA! Consideration will be given to remote work within the United States.
- Update, improve and upstream the core capabilities of the Playwright automation library.
- Act as a steward of an open source project
- Be an active participant in the emerging Web Testing and Automation standard
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to improve and upstream Playwright integration with the Firefox browser.
You will also work on WebKit to implement, improve and upstream Playwright integration with the WebKitbrowser.
Senior Software Engineer to
- Implement, improve and maintain Client-Server mode of operation for Playwright
- Be the owner of the Playwright wire protocol that all SDKs use to operate
- Implement, improve and maintain language SDKs for Playwright, including Python, C#, Java or Typescript
You will have an opportunity to partner with other teams across and outside Microsoft: Microsoft Edge, Visual Studio Code for product features as well as Visual Studio Code, Outlook, Azure and many others as customers.You will work in a collaborative environment to build features in tools & services, ship them to customers frequently and learn from customer feedback.
You will build simple and empowering experiences for testing and automation, highly scalable cloud services that the tools will connect to, and systems that monitor the health of the services. The software you build will help millions of developers all over the world reach their potential.
You will become part of a team where learning from peers and the open source community is a core principle.
- 5+years of experience developing commercial software and/or service
- 5+ years of experience building multilingual SDKs and frameworks in Python, Java, C# or Typescript
- For WebKit and Firefox roles, experience contributing to these open source projects.
- 8+ years of experience developing Web-based frameworks and/or platforms.
- Passion in building and designing very large-scale and secure systems; prior experience in building large scale systems is a big plus.
- Able to multi-task while balancing short-term and long-term needs is essential.
- Demonstrated problem solving and debugging skills.
- Able to learn and grasp concepts quickly in a fast-paced environment is critical to success.
- Able to triage customer requirements, prioritize, implement and iterate with the customer for feedback.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.