Service Engineer II - CTJ
Location: Reston, Virginia
Job Type: Full time
Azure Storage is looking for an individual that can be a technical leader within a service engineering team. We are looking for a Service Engineer who will help build and run the next generation of our service. The LANE team is part of the larger Azure Storage group and is responsible for providing infrastructure and application services to internal users in a secure environment.
LANE is responsible for the implementation and management of a wide variety of services providing a secure workspace for employees who support a secure computing environment.
The ideal candidate will have strong technical, organizational, and communication skills, a passion for customer service and be able to quickly trouble shoot and resolve issues. The candidate must be self-motivated, able to prioritize work quickly and appropriately in an ambiguous environment.
- Provide support for the implementation and maintenance of IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution
- Provide support to include phone, email and in person contact, effectively communicating (verbal and written) in a professional manner with technical and non-technical personnel
- Install new and rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage
- Install and update security patches on the operational and development system, maintaining security posture of systems in accordance with customer compliance, with documentation of compliance
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions
- Maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, coordinating with other teams as needed.
- Maintain and create system documentation, tunes system performance, install system-wide software, and allocate mass storage space.
- Develop and monitor standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- Resolve configuration and or logistical issues using technical problem-solving skills.
- Repair and recover from system failures. Coordinates and communicates with impacted constituencies
- Research and recommend innovative, automated approaches for system administration tasks
- 5+ years' experience as a System Administrator providing support for the implementation and maintenance of IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution.
- 3+ years Demonstrated experience in advanced administration of Windows-based server systems, to include Active Directory.
- 3+ years Troubleshooting systems that interface with Active Directory, providing support in an enterprise level, globally distributed environment.
- 3+ years authoring scripts to manage/automate tasks related to Windows platforms, preferably with PowerShell.
- Strong organization and communication skills, both written and verbal, work independently and in a team environment.
- Understanding of network operation and troubleshooting, as well as use of associated tools.
- Aptitude for learning and rapidly mastering new applications and technology.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritizing rapidly changing task assignments.
- Knowledge of government system security requirements and approval processes
- Familiarity with System Center suite, including Configuration Manager and Operations Manager.
- Familiarity with basic SQL server administration.
- Familiarity with Exchange 2019 administration
- Familiarity with SharePoint 2019 administration
Security Clearance Requirements: Candidates must be able to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Candidates must have an active TS and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph) or have an active TS/SCI and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph). This role will require candidates to maintain the TS/SCI (with polygraph) clearance.
Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.