Full Time Opportunities for Students and Recent Graduates - MAIDAP Software Engineer
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
Job Type: Full time
A new technology paradigm is emerging, one with an intelligent cloud and an intelligent edge. To foster Microsoft’s leadership in this field, Microsoft has launched a ground-breaking program to develop the next generation of leaders in AI. Located at the Microsoft New England Research and Development Center (NERD), the Microsoft AI Development Acceleration Program (MAIDAP) is hiring soon-to-be and recent graduates from BS, MS, and PhD programs. Over the course of two years, participants will work in interdisciplinary project teams to provide AI as a service to engineering teams across Microsoft and solve some of our most exciting and challenging AI problems. In addition, you will have mentors, exposure to leaders, and access to numerous AI data scientists, researchers and engineers across the company. After the program is completed, each participant will have the opportunity to work with one of the sponsoring Microsoft teams in Cambridge, MA or other Microsoft locations. #NeurIPS2020
We are hiring a diverse cohort of graduates with degrees in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, or other relevant fields for the following profiles.
Note: This is a program specifically for soon-to-be and recent graduates. Applications will only be accepted from candidates who have graduated or will graduate from their degree program between August 2020 and August 2021 and are available for full-time employment starting July 2021. #MSRConf
- Lead the design and the implementation of AI solutions for Microsoft’s products and services.
- Test and review all new and modified code and data pipelines.
- Build out new API infrastructure and endpoints, data pipelines, as necessary.
- Build reporting and monitoring mechanisms into our solutions.
- Analyze technology industry and market trends and choose their potential impact on the solutions.
- Develop patterns, standards and guidelines necessary to uphold our design principles and maintain integrity of the product architecture.
- Participate in key project design reviews.
- Collaborate with partner teams for code integration and with program managers to translate functional requirements into working solutions.
- Patent and publish relevant IP and scientific research.
- Up to 10% travel may be required.
- Currently pursuing a degree or graduated within last 12 months with a degree in the following field: Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, HCI, or other relevant fields.
- You are energized by creating AI solutions that can positively impact the work and lives of millions of people.
- You crave data-driven learning.
- You are excited by the prospect of working on a wide variety of datasets and AI applications, across many products and engineering teams.
- You believe that data science is a team sport.
- You love being an active member of a diverse and inclusive cohort.
- BS/MS in the aforementioned fields.
- 2+ years and proven experience in developing in C/C++/Java/C#/Scala and 1+ scripting language.
- Experience in database systems and systems engineering.
- Experience in designing and developing high-scale distributed systems a plus.
- Knowledge of lambda architectures a plus.
- Knowledge of machine learning, data visualization, and AI a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.