Support Engineer - Threat Analytics
Location: Irving, Texas
Job Type: Full time
Customer Experience & Success
- Do you want to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more?
- Do you want to work in an open and inclusive environment where diverse perspectives are celebrated?
- If you love talking to and learning from customers and are excited about working with brilliant technical minds, we want to talk to you.
In Customer Experience & Success, we are focused on how we can Empower, Help, and Advise Microsoft customers. We engage in solving complex problems for customers, we collaborate and knowledge share with each other, and we innovate on solutions to enable our customers to make the most of Microsoft products.
Our team is geographically distributed, we speak many languages and we come from a variety of cultural backgrounds. We are rapidly expanding, and we are looking for talented people with a passion for solving complex issues and an obsession for customer happiness.
Our culture is built around attributes that drive our every decision and our every action:
- Customer Obsession - we exist for and because of the customer. We need people who share that passion and drive to make our customers experiences easy, insightful and trusted.
- Growth Mindset - we value all perspectives and reward individuals that poke at the edges of what they know to be true. We are seeking people that think differently and are biased toward action to accomplish great things.
- Diverse & Inclusive - we enable people who bring a contemporary view to shape our internal teams and encourage all to feel included.
- One Microsoft - we collaborate and value the work of others, combining their learnings with our own to make a better outcome for our customers.
- Making a difference - we drive impact by looking for ways to continually improve our day to day responsibilities and the connections between our work and others.
Support Engineers (SE) serve as frontline technical resources for Microsoft customers and partners via phone, email or web. They deliver unique value by collaboratively and reactively solving customer problems, providing proactive support advice, contributing to product quality and enhancements and creating self-help assets to broadly reach more customers. You will be part of a team responsible for providing an outstanding technical support experience to our business customers. From problem identification to full resolution, you will own and manage the customer experience over the phone and Web. When needed, you will collaborate with others to engage subject matter experts, Engineering (Product Groups) or Management. Your day to day job will be about providing both technical expertise (either on your own or by involving your colleagues) and about being an excellent communicator and a service oriented professional. You will be given the opportunity to become a subject matter expert in one or more areas and receive guidance and mentorship from your colleagues.
- Assess technical capabilities of Support Engineers and develop technical development plans to address identified gaps.
- Partner closely with Support Engineering Manager to build technical readiness plans for the team.
- Conduct case reviews to ensure Support Engineers are effectively documenting actions associated with resolving customer and partner technical issues. Ensure actions are on track and provide actionable requests which will result in a timely resolution of customer issues.
- Help Support Engineers to collaborate with internal teams to resolve customer and partner issues to develop unique solutions.
- Use knowledge and experience to impact improvements to product and service design, serviceability, and the customer experience.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills, while working with diverse audiences and internal Microsoft resources.
- Exhibit leadership through personal responsibility, accountability and teamwork.
- Act as a technical focal point in cooperative relationships with other companies.
- Escalate cases as needed and per guidelines by following required processes.
- Manage complex technical situation that require effective communication with customers.
- Coach Support Engineers to own and resolve technically challenging cases for important customers.
- Be responsive and flexible to meet customer needs. This may sometimes require work outside of normal business hours or participation in an on-call rotation.
- Maintain strong working knowledge of products and services. Take ownership for product and service improvement. Participate in pre-release activities and BETA/preview programs.
- Share knowledge through communities with other Technical Advisors and engineers to develop customer solutions efficiently.
- 3+ years customer facing support experience
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and / or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire / transfer and every two years thereafter.
- Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent in work experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
You approach things with a growth mindset - genuine desire and motivation to learn and develop yourself.
You embrace challenges and persist in the face of setbacks. You consider failure an opportunity to learn. Whatever happens you win. You love customers and are obsessed with them - a genuine desire to help under challenging circumstances.
Strong communication skills, ability to work on a team environment, problem-solving skills and capacity to deal with ambiguity.
Excellent self-assessment to identify when other resources are needed; ability to engage and collaborate effectively with others to resolve complex problems.
Handle high pressure situations well - maintain calm and composure during stressful situations is a must.
Technical experience and knowledge of working in Azure technical support or equivalent technology.
We love to get to know candidates with strong technical background. Nevertheless, do not shy away if you feel you do not meet all the technical requirements. If you have growth mindset and you are a strong believer that knowledge can be developed with effort and persistence you are the person we are looking for.
Technical skills in at least one area:
- Azure Security Center
- Azure Sentinel
- Azure Information Protection
- Microsoft Cloud Application Security
- Azure Advanced Threat Protection
- Azure Antimalware
- Microsoft Defender Advanced Threat Protection
- Windows Defender
- Incident Response
Your shift can vary based on business needs, to include irregular hours or weekend work.
Please note that shifts might change per business needs. Though schedule changes are not frequent, you will need to have flexibility to accommodate changes as needed.
This position will require you to work a rotational On-Call schedule, evenings and weekends shifts.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.