Sr. Business Architect - Business Development and Enablement, Customer Success
Location: Redmond, Washington, United States
Job Type: Full time
In this “year of data” (#yearofdata), what better place to work and help shape the strategy and future for our customers and for Microsoft than Worldwide Commercial Business Customer Success Data&AI Team!!
We’re looking for an exceptional leader and cross-team collaborator to partner with corporate and field stakeholders to lead our Data & AI Business Development and Enablement via Industry Solution Architecture & Segment strategy to accelerate and grow customer success within our Azure Data Services business based on data-driven insights, Field learnings, and business results. This is an influential and strategic role that provides opportunities for senior professional exposure across Microsoft Solutions, and focuses on key activities that drive growth across Enterprise segment and advance mindshare and adoption of industry-based solution architectures. The role requires a strong understanding of the commercial sales, Enterprise segment and customer success organization, as well as proven strategy development experience, executive presence and outstanding cross-team collaboration and communication skills.
We are looking for a Sr Business Architect – Development and Enablement, Customer Success lead programs and define strategy to develop and enable CSU Data & AI Business, which requires the blend of technical acumen and business expertise.
This role will be expected to engage with our Field customer success teams to understand what is working well, what needs to be adjusted and what needs to be amplified. It is an unique opportunity to lead programs and define strategy to develop and enable CSU Data & AI Business, which requires the blend of technical acumen and business expertise.
- Develop and Enable Data&AI business growth through thought leadership, and data-driven customer insights by designing new programs and initiatives as
- Identifying patterns in customer journey to influence future services adoption.
- Defining customer maturity models and assessing its impact on services adoption
- Capture and capitalize on the momentum of new Azure data services
- Work cross-functionally to structure problems, develop hypotheses, conduct analyses to turn data into meaningful insights, and drive solutions and actionable recommendations and results through a rigorous, data-driven processes.
- Engage in active collaboration with the One Commercial Partner team to manage a healthy and motivated partner ecosystem to accelerate business development and project implementation opportunities
- Drive the overall solutions architecture strategy and execution for Data & AI Industry solutions
- Collaborate with Field teams, Industry RBLs, BGs, Engineering, Marketing, Customer Success, Partner, Services, and other stakeholders to develop effective Industry solution architecture strategies based on data-driven insights, key industry and customer trends, Field learnings, and business results
- Drive alignment across regions and shared functions to implement the Sales and Partner GTM strategy globally
- Gather insights from RBL Leads and TZ Leads and RBL teams on how the strategy is landing with the Field and how it is driving success based on predefined KPIs and make adjustments as needed
- Perform industry research and external benchmarking to develop a best-in-class Industry GTM model to support our most strategic and highest potential customers
- Work across organizations to obtain buy-in and sign-off Industry assets for each priority scenario based on the customer perspective and guidance received through the D&AI Digital Feedback Loop
To be successful in this role, we need someone who is a:
- Technologist who understands the data landscape, industry trends and also customer journeys
- Enabler who translates technology and customer knowledge into strategy and program to scale the business
- Strong communicator who can convey complex ideas in a clear and concise manner both verbally and written
- Effective at building relationships, collaborating, and influencing others; experience working with senior executives across various geographies and functions
- Effective team player who is also an independent thinker
- Self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced, collaborative, and innovative high-growth environment
- Strong influencer with the ability to build and drive extended and virtual teams
- 12+ years’ experience selling business solutions to large/global enterprise customers with a focus on Data & AI
- Possess both technology knowledge and business acumen to connect how customer business issues impact their IT environments through Data, Analytics & AI solutions
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent professional experience; MBA preferred
- Experience developing strategies, execution plans and reporting to achieve business goals through multiple channels and competing to take market share
- Executive Presence. Experience and expertise selling to senior business decision makers by aligning & reinforcing the value of the solution to the customer’s overall business pain and/or strategic opportunities and decision criteria; experience in influencing Senior Leadership teams to drive strategy and investments
- Problem Solver. Ability to solve customer problems through cloud technologies required
- Strong relationship-building and negotiation skills
- Excellent Communicator. Executive level communication skills (both written and verbal), and the ability to mentor others
- Experience leading large deals especially those involving Data & AI projects required
- Competitive Landscape. Knowledge of enterprise software solutions and competitor landscape required
- Understanding of partner ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs
- Technical Certification and broad evangelism through events (presentation skills), and consultative selling
- Additional training or education in Enterprise Architecture
- MBA preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.