Senior Software Engineer
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft's Cloud and AI division is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to work with us on the next generation of developer services and tools which promote the use of open source software. Software developers are the productivity workforce of the future. With the developer tools & services market quickly growing and evolving, we have a unique opportunity to help shape internal engineering practices at Microsoft and the broader industry in open source consumption. While open-source software is core to modern software development, consuming open source components can expose teams to risk (security vulnerabilities, legal risk, etc.). We must enable our customers to be secure in their use of open source components through a frictionless experience which protects their codebase from unwanted side-effects. #1ES
As a member of the Open Source Engineering team, you will help develop the experiences, services, and tools which make this happen. You will work in a fast-paced environment where we ship continuously, use a variety of technologies (C#, Azure, T-SQL, TypeScript, React, Node, .NET core), and work with open-source libraries. You will also be part of the effort to transform our engineering system here at Microsoft, spearheading a shift in how we look at consuming open-source software at enterprise-scale. We are looking for talented engineers who are excited about working on large-scale problems, can adapt and learn new technologies to deliver innovative software solutions to tough business requirements. As a member of the team, you will own development across the stack by designing and architecting experiences which delight our customers and will use data to make informed decisions about how we approach our work. If you are interested in being a part of an agile team that’s bringing software development into the modern age, come join us!
- 5+ years of commercial software engineering experience developing, and shipping high quality software
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics
- Experience architecting large, high-volume online services and responsive, modern UI is highly preferred
- Effective communication, collaboration, and mentoring skills
- Track record of self-motivation and drive for results
- Experience developing and operating highly available, highly reliable systems
- Familiarity with programming concurrent and/or distributed systems
- Familiarity with containers and container management (such as Docker, Kubernetes etc).
- Passion for building customer value
- Involvement in open source projects is a major plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.