Senior Software Engineer
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Ever wondered how data is stored in the Cloud? How anyone can instantly access their messages/music/books/videos from anywhere in the world? Curious how to build a system to record all the knowledge known to mankind? Want to build a platform affecting billions of people around the world?
Then join us in Microsoft Azure Storage team where we are building the largest distributed storage platform on the Planet.
Microsoft Azure Storage is a massively scalable, always available, highly distributed, ubiquitously accessible storage system, designed to scale out and serve the entire world. We continue to have tremendous hockey stick growth, where we will have several Exabytes of storage within the next year.
We are looking for engineers who are passionate about distributed storage and want to work on a fast-paced team with talented engineers. To be successful in this area you must thrive while solving challenges related to durability, availability, and concurrency while serving millions of requests per second. You will have an opportunity to make high impact changes on a daily basis as you build a hyperscale storage system that may indirectly or directly be used daily by of your friends and family.
Requirements for the position are:
- Passion for large scale storage
- 5+ years of professional experience in developing with C++/Windows
- Experience with multi-threaded/parallel programming
- 2+ years of experience building scalable, distributed services
- Excellence in software engineering practices, coding and solid foundation in data structures, algorithms with strong testing, debugging and analytical skills
- Proven ability to plan, schedule and deliver quality software
- BS+/BE+ in computer science or related fields
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.