Sr. Product Marketing Manager
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
If you want to play a key role in the world’s fastest growing cloud business, this is your chance. Join Microsoft Azure. You will be part of a team that drives Azure migration GTM efforts. Cloud migration is among our highest priority motions including stewardship for the end to end migration journey, messaging & scenarios, and the Azure Migration Program.
We’re looking for a high impact, high energy marketing professional to drive core product marketing efforts around Azure migration with ownership for storytelling/campaign efforts and FastTrack for Azure marketing (FastTrack for Azure is a global technical enablement program to enable customers successfully adopt and use Azure).
This is a visible role in a here-and-now hot space that will require working closely with & across several teams, including Azure product marketing, Global Demand Center (GDC) + integrated marketing, Azure engineering (including product & FastTrack teams), & field/ partner liaison teams. The candidate must be obsessed with outside-in view of customer experience, demonstrate powerful storytelling skills, and bring in an attitude of GSD (Getting Stuff Done!). And do these things in an extremely inclusive, collaborative way.
Own all-up Azure migration messaging/story working with several marketing and product teams
- Be the product marketing voice for cloud migration campaigns working with the GDC/integrated marketing team
- Play storyteller across several audiences at a variety of internal and external forums
- Own FastTrack for Azure value proposition, messaging, and customer evidence
- Drive FastTrack GTM motions across channels to drive optimal customer/program outcomes (e.g., internal/external web sites, events)
- Partner with FastTrack for Azure team to align on and articulate program roadmap/scenarios
- Lead cross functional v-teams to drive marketing initiatives
- Customer Obsession: Must have deep outside-in empathy for customer experience and success
- Storytelling: Must be a natural storyteller with the ability to thread customer value with product truth
- Communication: Excellent written and spoken communication skills at all altitudes, with actionable clarity and One Microsoft transparency
- Passion for technology: Ability to envision and articulate end-to-end customer scenarios and value proposition of the FastTrack program
- Intellectual Curiosity: Break through hurdles and create new opportunities for the team by always pushing to learn the details and understand the root causes for issues.
- Collaboration: Exceptional collaborator and relationship manager on multi-faceted issues that span multiple groups, with the ability to forge relationships that drive results
- Influencing Others: Ability to move others across organizational boundaries to a desired business outcome when there is no clear “ownership” of an issue.
The ideal candidate will have at least 7+ years of experience in product management or product marketing roles, including product launch experience.
Bachelors / MBA preferred.
Applicants need to have a flexible can-do attitude, be comfortable with role ambiguity, and initiative to drive proactive outbound engagement.
This is a Redmond based role. National and/or international travel may be required.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.