Service Engineer II - CTJ
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
This role can be based in Redmond, WA or Reston, VA.
Microsoft has an exciting opportunity for a Service Engineer to join the Azure Cross-Domain Systems (CDS) team. Azure CDS enables secure data transfer between enclaves, supporting a wide set of missions within highly regulated industries. We welcome you to meet the team and learn about the complex challenges you can solve with us!
We are looking for engineers to join a fast-paced team and solve complex problems in the domain of mission-critical distributed systems – including APIs, fault tolerance, data partitioning as well as deployment and self-healing capabilities. In this role, you will have the opportunity to build systems & software which enable a broad set of Azure services to be consumed by customers in highly secured and regulated industries. The systems and software you build will be required to meet the security policy and assurance requirements of both public and private sector customers.
- Support, troubleshoot, and automate implementation and day to day operations of Azure CDS systems
- Engage with Microsoft technical experts, government agencies and the user community to identify and solve use constraints and common issues
- Work with Microsoft technical experts to investigate integration of new technologies
- Work closely with security assessment teams to ensure compliance with security standards
- Travel expectation: 0-25%
- 3+ years Windows Server and/or Linux systems experience, RedHat/CentOS
- CS degree or equivalent experience
- Systems shell scripting experience (Bash, PowerShell, Python)
- Network configuration and troubleshooting experience (Linux, Windows, Cisco)
- Continuous configuration automation experience (Ansible, Saltstack, Puppet, Chef)
- Experience working on distributed services with on-call responsibilities
- Ability to contribute and influence towards common goals and priorities
- Expertise in problem solving and analyzing distributed systems and critical production service environments
Ability to identify and apply security principles and mechanisms to the systems and enterprise system designs.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Passion for understanding and improving their skills and knowledge while working to understand and be able to troubleshoot, large, complex systems, and improving overall system productivity
- Excellent collaboration skills within and across teams
- Deep understanding of the OSI model and separation of networks
- Automation experience through use of scripting, templates, and deployment
- Knowledge / expertise in Cross Domain Solutions and systems security engineering
- Apache NiFi configuration and troubleshooting experience
- Understanding of STIGs, 800-53 controls, and Risk Management Framework (RMF)
Security Clearance Requirements: Candidates must be able to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Candidates must have an active TS and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph) or have an active TS/SCI and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph). This role will require candidates to maintain the TS/SCI (with polygraph) clearance.
Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.