Corporate Strategy & Development Manager
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Who are we?
The Modern Life and Windows planning team is a collection of former consultants, investment bankers and corporate finance professionals residing in Microsoft’s Finance organization. We are tasked with driving long term strategic planning for our $20B+ consumer businesses inclusive of Windows, M365, OneDrive, Outlook, Teams, Bing, MSN and Edge. Our team is a thought leader and trusted business partner for complex challenges such as pricing, business model, product planning, financial planning, strategy, partnerships and M&A.
We are hiring a Director who will be focused on the multibillion-dollar Modern Life business product, assisting our executive management in developing the future of consumer services. This role is focused on influencing business model, investments, product roadmap and incubations in close collaboration with Engineering, Product, Sales, Marketing, and Finance. This individual will develop assertions triangulating between customer needs, competitive landscape, partner dynamics, value chain analysis, product roadmap, and financial evaluation.
Sample recent projects include:
- Business case and strategy for expanding portfolio of subscription services
- Competitive landscape/benchmarking and value chain analysis to focused on key consumer verticals
- Expanded cross company LTV analysis
- Deal framing and economic analysis for a potential acquisition
Looking for tech and business rock stars with a passion for making impact and managing finance teams
We are looking for people who are proven team managers, thrive under ambiguous challenges, work in a fast-paced environment, have a passion for technology, partner well with executives, and roll-up their sleeves to drive data-based analysis. Ability to frame a complex problem, solid analytical skills, and intellectual curiosity are key to success within our team. Furthermore, experience managing teams is a critical requirement.
- Support Investments, Go-To-Market, Pricing, Forecasting and Business/Corporate Development outcomes with sound financial analysis
- Analyze business results, customer behavior, OEM dynamics and competitive threats, developing insights spanning business performance, technology trends, scenario analysis, and market outlook
- Identify and evaluate new business opportunities
- Plan and steer emerging incubations from a business and finance perspective
- Evaluate strategic options for future Modern Life/consumer offerings, including business model, packaging, pricing and licensing
- Partner with the broader organization to drive executive decisions and execution of new offerings
Here is what we would love for you to bring to this role or be passionate to learn about:
- Structured thinking and framing skills
- Data driven
- Financial modeling
- Executive presence
- Strong communication, collaboration skills and adaptability
- Passion for technology, business models and economic analysis
- Experience managing and building high functioning and agile teams
- 6+ years’ experience in either management consulting, banking, corporate finance, corporate strategy
- MBA a plus but not required
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.