Regional FSI CTO, Americas, WW Financial Services Industry
Location: New York, New York, Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Industry teams enable our sales teams and partners to deliver relevant, high-quality solutions and services to empower our commercial and public sector customers to lead the digital transformation of our customers in the financial services industry.
We are the Worldwide Financial Services Industry (FSI) team covering Banking, Capital Markets, and Insurance. We are seeking to add an experienced, motivated, and high performing individual to join us as our Regional FSI CTO for the Americas to partner with the Worldwide FSI CTO team to have impact across our product engineering teams, our top FSI industry customers, account teams, marketing teams, communication teams, and our FSI subject matter experts.
- Engage key customers to drive the industry-relevant technology conversation at a senior level with support from engineering and industry leaders
- Develop relationships with key engineering program management teams across Azure, Dynamics, M365, GitHub and LinkedIn teams and integrate into their semester planning
- Run a rhythm with key members of the Worldwide FSI Team to gather information on customers’ business challenges, the key Industry Priority Scenarios getting traction, and engineering gaps that need to be fed into our product engineering team, so that our platforms are richer for our customers and partners
- In partnership with the Worldwide FSI Partner Strategy Lead and the Worldwide FSI Solutions Lead, work with key partners to better understand their business and technical challenges in using our platform to deliver services and to develop new industry capabilities
- Coordinate and manage to closure all customer/partner escalations directed towards the CVP and CTO that have product engineering implications needing work with engineering teams
- Support and coach account teams on customer and partner visits to the Microsoft Executive Briefing Center where the Worldwide FSI team are involved
This role requires someone who is highly motivated combining a prior sales or similar background with exceptional strategic thinking, superior executive communication skills, project management, and excellent team member skills (down, across, and up.)
- Strong technology leader with experience of building, supporting, and delivering technology solutions within the Financial Services industry
- Deep experience in sales to top-tier banks and financial institutions, demonstrating a strong understanding of sales lifecycle and customer interactions
- Executive maturity and experience working with senior leaders
- Exceptional messaging and communication skills
- Strong cross-group collaboration skills and ability to drive coordination across all levels and stakeholders
- Thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment and able to adapt plans and approach in
- Confidence under pressure especially within tight timelines
- Skilled at prioritization, creating order and marshalling resources towards achieving a common goal
- A growth mindset of continuous learning rather than knowing
- We would value – but do not expect – understanding of Microsoft’s commercial business solutions, including customers and partner ecosystem
Location/Travel: You will likely be based in New York, NY or Redmond, WA. You can expect travel to range between 25 – 50%, contingent upon COVID restrictions.
Join us and be one who empowers billions! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact on how people work and live all over the world.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.