Director of Privacy
Location: Irving, Texas, Issaquah, Washington, Redmond, Washington, United States
Job Type: Full time
We are in a mobile-first, cloud-first world. The Trust and Integrity Protection (TrIP) team’s mission is to earn trust and reduce risk by protecting operational integrity and compliance across the Worldwide Commercial Business (WCB). WCB empowers our commercial and public sector customers around the world through digital transformation, by providing technical and industry expertise, enabling our partner ecosystem, and delivering high-quality solutions and services.
The Trust & Integrity Protection (TrIP) team that leads risk and compliance programs across the Worldwide Commercial Business (WCB) is looking for a Director of Privacy to design, implement, and evangelize the future-state WCB customer data privacy program shaping strategic direction through to operational performance and rigor across multiple internal, enterprise cloud and consumer engineering organizations. Our architect will work directly with senior leaders on privacy compliance and competitive initiatives and liaise across the WCB and key company partner organizations to bring those initiatives to our business and customers via trusted experiences.
As the Director of Privacy, your ability to maintain a long range external and internal view of the evolving regulatory and technology ecosystem to continually look around corners is critical. You will partner closely with the support services organizations (Customer Success and Customer Service & Support), Microsoft Consulting Services, and other WCB organizations to ensure the division operates in accordance with our internal trust principles and lights up external trusted customer experiences that enables the broader Microsoft trust commitment. Our group values strong cross-team communication & collaboration, ability to network and integrate across the Microsoft eco-system to inject value to the company at large, and create meaningful lasting relationships with our business partners, stakeholders, and executive leaders.
- Identify opportunities to make privacy a competitive advantage e.g., by incorporating privacy enhancing technologies into the division’s products and services, creating user experiences that help customers make better trust decisions with higher confidence, etc.
- Drive the technical strategy for tooling, automation, tollgates, self-assessments, and testing strategies for customer facing experiences and technologies.
- Develop sustainable privacy engineering and business process controls to ensure customer data is appropriately protected and systems operate at optimal efficiency.
- Shaping and enforcing technical controls and architectures within the multiple software engineering organization with which we partner.
- Represent the division when engaging customers, analysts, and regulators.
- Assess needs and risk, envision the path to resolution, drive implementation and support all levels within the org.
- Work across multiple teams to help connect the moving parts in a very dynamic and fluid environment.
- Contributing member to the various privacy communities, governance boards, and company-wide policy/decision forums charting the privacy path for the division and Microsoft.
- Defining and maturing scorecards, KPIs, both for team performance/capacity as well as risk and compliance scorecards for the multiple businesses we serve.
- Engage with a broad leadership environment ensuring TrIP connection and integration into broader rhythms and prioritization engines.
- 5+ years of Product Management/Engineering Program management in complex cloud/technology environments
- Demonstrable background on broad Privacy strategies, concepts, and frameworks from policies, training, through to technical controls development and cloud/systems architecture
- Application of data governance concepts and capabilities in enterprise environments
- Understanding of and ability to work within end-end engineering processes from applications to online services and network/systems infrastructure development, code, design, etc.
- High level of organization, planning, prioritization, and attention to detail; understanding complex problems and distilling down into simpler steps, actions, and messaging.
- Systems thinker, able to manage a high degree of complexity and to distill information into simple messages, able to think both strategically at a global level as well as effectively developing key processes.
- Strong interpersonal skills including ability to build trust, influence, and foster relationships with diverse team members; ability to leverage relationships to drive consistency of approach and ensure delivery.
- Ability to work and create structure in complex and ambiguous situations and respond flexibly in time sensitive situations.
- Conflict / Negotiation management - demonstrated influencing skills.
- BS/MS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent degree/experience
- Certifications: CIPP/T, CISSP-ISSAP/MP, etc.
- People management experience
Travel - Limited (<10%) domestic and/or international travel may be required.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.