Product Support Engineer - API & Integrations
Location: Remote, Oregon
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About the Role
Product Support Engineering is a team of customer focused product experts who bridge the Samsara customer experience to the internal teams at Samsara. We engage with customers, we work to understand and resolve their technical issues, we dive deeply into product quality and usability, and disseminate the knowledge we have gathered via trainings, reporting, and product feedback.
In this role, you will:
- Identify and resolve complex API & partner integration issues for post-sales customers
- Project manage our response to complex technical escalations, acting as the single point of contact to ensure stakeholders are in the loop
- Provide regular technical issue updates to Samsara’s executive leadership team
- Lead post-mortem analyses to identify learnings, root cause, systematic patterns that need attention, improvement opportunities and relevant trends
- Work closely with engineering to reproduce bugs and build testbeds as necessary
- Serve as a subject matter expert and educator to our global customer support team
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
An ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical discipline such as computer science or software engineering
- 3-5 years of experience in technical product support or development of API integrations
- Python or other scripting languages
- Executive presence & communication - you have excellent written and verbal communication skills tailored to a senior leadership audience
- Leadership without authority - you have the strong project management skills necessary to prioritize, delegate, and drive action across departments
- Technical know-how - you’re comfortable interfacing with engineers, translating complex technical concepts into everyday language, and working with SaaS systems
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at [email protected].