Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
TE Connectivity's Manufacturing Engineering Teams are process leaders for stamping, molding or assembly related topics, ensuring the processes are running at optimum levels for quality and output. They are experts in mold tooling, die tooling, machining, and assembly techniques, possessing extensive knowledge of the associated manufacturing processes which may include the optimization and standardization of stamping / molding / assembly or other processes within the manufacturing environment. Manufacturing Engineering Teams enable the TE business unit plants to reach TE Operating Advantage (TEOA) requirements, roll out Centers of Excellence (COE), Best Demonstrated Practices (BDP’s) and advise plants on tool and machine duplications / corrections / improvements. They design and develop manufacturing process and automation platforms and apply them for the realization of new product developments as well as optimization of existing products already in production. The Teams also support Product Development in the selection and optimization of tools for piece part production and the selection of the most suitable manufacturing concepts relative to planned manufacturing quantities, quality requirements and manufacturing location. They act as interface between engineering and production to ensure manufacturability of new designs and smooth production ramp up as well as support the research & development teams to produce sample manufacturing equipment, product samples and prototypes.
A Day in the Life
- Follow safety guidelines as a plant priority
- Works with quality top of mind.
- Analyzes and corrects complex Die malfunctions to assure Die will produce acceptable parts.
- Fits and assembles component parts into Progressive Stamping Dies and verifies dimensions, alignment and clearance.
- Conditions Stamping dies to produce parts that meet 100% First Article Inspection.
- Able to operate all Stamping support equipment i.e. decoilers, reelers, vision systems.
- Studies blueprints, determines machining operations necessary and determines proper sequence of operations considering such factors as type of metal, shape of metal, size of part, finish requirements and machining time. Ensures materials, cutters, consumables, etc. are on-hand.
- Fabrication, hand fitting and conditioning of Die tooling.
- Provides instruction and technical guidance and training to trainees and/or peers in area(s) of specialty.
- Follow company and department guidelines, procedures and policies.
- Strong Team Work skills.
- Ensures and works with Production to implement any necessary safety controls or procedures.
- Proficient computer skills (MS Office: email, word processing, spreadsheets, Power Point).
- Harvest, inventory, package and ship all die tooling for plating/coating. Coordinate plating requirements with Plating Suppliers. Receive and inspect upon return from plating.
- Inspect, package and close work orders for machining centers when tooling is completed. Create packing list and prepare tooling for shipment.
- Work with shipping/receiving personnel to ship/receive new dies. Crate/package dies and prepare shipping documents for shipping team.
What your background should look like:
- HS diploma or GED required.
- Associate’s Degree in Toolmaking or related field is preferred.
- Completion of Accredited 4-year Apprenticeship program strongly preferred.
- Experience as Die/Stamping Technician strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years experience in Die making or Die maintenance and Die Conditioning.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately read and interpret blueprints.
- Ability to operate milling machines, surface grinders and related shop equipment.
- Ability to operate precision measurement devices.
- Knowledge of tool design and understanding of fit and function of Die components.
- Understanding of Stamping Raw Materials.
- Understanding of Die Tooling function and reading Die Progressions to diagnose Die problems.
- Understanding of Die Tooling coatings and techniques.
- Excellent math skills including a working knowledge of trigonometry which includes roll dimensions and compound angles.
- Good communication skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office tools
- Working understanding of 3D CAD software and assembly models is preferred.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Individual must be a “Team Player” that can work in a fasted paced environment with multiple changing priorities.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive rewards & compensation. Our commitment to our employees includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our employees.
- Competitive Salary Package
- Performance-Based Bonus Plans
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Community Outreach Programs / Charity Events
- Employee Resource Groups
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.