SR DIR SUPPLY CHAIN
Location: Middletown, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity (NYSE: TEL) is a $13 billion world leader in connectivity. The company designs and manufactures products at the heart of electronic connections for the world’s leading industries including automotive, energy and industrial, broadband communications, consumer devices, healthcare, and aerospace and defense. TE Connectivity’s long-standing commitment to innovation and engineering excellence helps its customers solve the need for more energy efficiency, always-on communications and ever-increasing productivity. With nearly 90,000 employees in over 50 countries, TE Connectivity makes connections the world relies on to work flawlessly every day.
The Aerospace Defense and Marine (AD&M) business of TE Connectivity are leaders in the development and engineering of a comprehensive portfolio of contactors, relays, sensors, fiber optics, wires, cables, antennas, circuit protectors and moldings for harsh environments. We have a global customer base with over 7000 employees to deliver a broad range of solutions.
We are currently seeking a world-class Supply Chain Management Leader to run our global supply chain for our growing business across all of our markets. This role will report to the VP of Operations of AD&M and is a key strategic role in which a Supply Chain Architect will influence and drive our competitiveness
- Develop and actively drive the development and the implementation of the Integrated Supply Chain Vision for AD&M
- Lead Demand management and the Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) process to allow manufacturing & supply chain partners to anticipate and plan production capacity to drive Extraordinary Customer Experience (ECE)
- Work across all subvertical business units (SBU) with other functions to optimize the inventory on raw materials, work-in-progress, finished goods and reserves
- As required, develop alternative distribution patterns and networks to optimize (reduce) freight expenses, order fulfillment cycle time and distribution / handling costs
- Collaborate with Quality, Procurement, Engineering and all other related functions to drive world-class supply chain execution and a flawless launch of new products from a supply chain standpoint to drive growth
- Collaborate with Sales, Customer Service & Product Management teams to optimize delivery and overall service to our customers
- Lead Material Management activities to optimize production cadence within our factories and with our supply chain partners to enhance the customer experience and reduce cost
- As required, conduct site-level “diagnostic” deep dive reviews of under-performing sites with respect to inventory, delivery performances and overall service metrics. Assist site to develop corrective action plan and ensure site adherence of such plan.
- Build a world-class supply chain team that has enough bench strength and a robust succession pipeline
- Serve as the coach / mentor to the supply chain leaders
- Provide constructive and candid feedback to team members and peers when appropriate
- In conjunction with all direct reports, construct actionable individual and team development plans
- Foster an environment of open collaboration within the team and with all functions to drive supply chain performance improvement
- At least 10 years of Supply Chain, relatable Procurement/Sourcing experience with at least 5 years of leading related teams in a global structure.
- Possess strong and sound continuous improvement disciplines and convictions; Proven success in these areas is a must. Lean proficiency is a plus.
- Proven track record in a turn-around situation that demonstrates ability to achieve desired results in a short period of time
- Strong people & organizational leadership skills: Reliable; Change agent; People oriented; Approachable
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, both in 1-to-1 situations and group settings
- Interpersonal skills that could be described as “firm but fair”; Objective yet compassionate in evaluating performance; connect all people of the organization to the mission and goals of the organization.
- Ability to prioritize very well and maintain appropriate balance in a fast-paced, heavy-workload environment
- Exceptional Analytical and Problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business discipline
- Graduate degree in business (i.e. MBA) is highly desired but not a requirement
- Language skills: Excellent English (verbal / written) required, Spanish is a plus
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $177,000 – 219,000 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.