Location: Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
TE Connectivity's Quality Control and Reliability Teams ensure product and / or product components comply with specifications and quality standards. They test and inspect products against performance and integrity criteria to ensure product quality and reliability, and to determine the suitability of product release.
Furthermore, a warehouse product assurance inspector will assist in implementing and monitoring Distribution Center (DC) quality processes and procedures with a focus on inspecting both incoming and outgoing material for quantity, quality and conformance to specifications and/or other applicable requirements, coordinating the customer complaint process, document review, document management, and related training and performance evaluation activities as assigned.
- Work with the TE DC quality departments and TE business units to ensure goals are met, documented and standardized policies and procedures are in place, and continuous improvement tools are used to improve operations
- Conduct regular and routine audits of quality standards and processes and documented policies and procedures to ensure compliance with TE directives and quality system
- Assist in the development of standard operating procedures and training of the implementation team and staff on requirements
- Engage key stakeholders, define and coordinate activities, communicate changes and progress, build commitment, overcome resistance, and lead project team
- Respond to customer inquiries, concerns, and formal complaints providing, where necessary, immediate containment actions along with permanent corrective and preventive actions developed jointly by appropriate cross-functional problem-solving teams.
- Partner with TE business units / functions to identify root cause analyses and develop permanent corrective action
- Supervise the inspection of purchased parts, subassemblies or finished company products according to well-defined criteria. Interpret TE drawings and inspect to plan using tools, such as comparator, gauges, microscope
- Manage DC quality and inbound and non-conforming product and shipment inspection, review, and reporting
- Strong teambuilding skills with the ability to lead, direct and manage
- Proven computer skills in Microsoft suite - Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and SharePoint
- Strong verbal, analytical and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects/work streams at one time. Must be able to formulate analyses and reports to support business needs and deliver results based upon project deadlines
- Self-motivated with the ability to make decisions with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated personal leadership of cross-functional teams, demonstrating organizational and management skills, and achieving quality results through team interaction and effective cross-group collaboration
- Strong problem-solving capabilities and the ability to analyze data and use critical thinking to reach logical conclusions and decisions. Results oriented. Relies on fact-based logic for decisions-making
Experience and Education:
- Experience working in a large, global organization
- Experience working with a third-party logistics provider
- SAP (or other ERP) experience
- Minimum five years of experience in a progressively responsible role within a quality function or supply chain
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.