Product Manager V - Remote Opportunity
Location: Wilsonville, Oregon
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Product Management Teams manage all aspects of a product, from driving new product development to manufacturing to marketing. They are responsible for overall product strategy, business leadership and capacity plans in order to meet sales and profit targets. Runs the portfolio as a “mini” GM.
Market Sensing & Strategy Development
- Articulate market trends, demand drivers, customer needs, industry trends, and competitive landscape
- Conduct market segmentation exercises to develop market segment-specific strategies.
- Conduct competitive analysis and benchmarking
- Define segment –specific value propositions that beat the competition
- Develop product roadmaps that aligns with business strategy
- Design go to market strategy, inclusive of channel strategy and partnerships
- Work with R&D and operations in the development of new products to meet current and future customer requirements.
- Manage the product life-cycle.
Develop Business Plan (Achieve cross-functional alignment to the plan)
- Define resource requirements necessary to execute the product roadmap
- Work cross functionally to define sales, technology and operations strategies and goals, in line with financial goals. Build consensus on specific tasks.
- Establish pricing policy
- Develop the annual operating plan (Sales and gross or standard margin)
Execution – New Product Development & Launch
- Be the opportunity champion for PAC projects.
- Plans product launches, including the development of marketing and sales plans.
- Provide demand forecast inputs to S&OP.
- Attend customer meetings in support of winning new business
- Exercise thought leadership.
- Provide inputs to Marcom for the development of collateral, including e-commerce.
Execution – Post Launch Product Management
- Manage the P&L (sales and gross or standard margin) for the assigned portfolio.
- Deliver sustained profitable growth
- Enable sales to promote product line via training and the development of collateral materials that help articulate the value proposition.
- Manage special price requests
- Track progress to the business plan and facilitate resolution to gaps.
- Be the champion for resolution of product issues (e.g., quality, delivery, etc.)
What your background should look like:
- 5+ years of product management or sales experience, additional MBA preferred
- Relevant product or industry experience desired
- Experience managing direct reports
- 4-year technical or business degree required
- Advanced degree (MBA) or relevant P&L management experience preferred
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $137,000 – 206,000 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets