Supervisor II, Materials Planning
Location: Tullahoma, Tennessee
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Materials Planning Teams are responsible for the plans, schedules, and monitoring of the movement of material through the production cycle. They determine quantity and order date for materials to meet production or engineering schedules, initiate purchase or production requisitions compliant with supply agreements, and develop the schedule to be used in the production facility based on forecasts and historical analysis. The Team develops specifications for new contract orders as well as forecasts and plans for labor requirements. They provide timely and accurate input on supplier performance and may be asked to participate in higher level supplier performance reviews with the strategic sourcing team. They also monitor cost, schedule and scope of assigned subcontracts to assure best quality at best value.
Responsible for the creation and continuous update of the Master Schedule that satisfies customer demand, maintains stability in terms of material and capacity requirements and minimizes raw material, WIP and Finished Goods inventory levels by:
- Managing day to day increases/decreases to the schedule following discussions with Materials, Manufacturing and Sales/Marketing/ Customer Service personnel to fulfil the weekly MPS plan (Schedule Attainment)
- Continuously monitor the impact of ‘performance to forecast’ on inventory levels for the current month and the impact on inventory turns
- Implement any necessary changes to the schedule
- Continuously monitor problem inventory, taking advantage of any conversion opportunities and making scrap recommendations
- Analyze the load (machine, tool, labor) of the Plant in the short- to midterm horizon (from week 3-13 of the planning horizon) and propose resource allocations regarding the customer demand variations
- Analyze the load (machine, tool, labor) of the Plant in the long term horizon and propose resource allocations regarding the customer demand variations
- Improve planning quality and efficiency to achieve Ship-to-Request (STR) performance target and satisfy order Confirmation process
- Host monthly Supply Review meetings for assigned value stream(s)
- Support the TEOA initiatives which are related to Lean Production (e.g. Value Stream Mapping, Pull Flow) to ensure that assigned or requested tasks are accomplished
- Support Material Analysts with Production Planning as needed and required.
- Maintain SAP Material Master parameters updated
- Supervise, Train and audit Material Analysts and Production Controllers Std. Work ensuring it is being followed, and correct discipline situations.
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- 2 - 3 years of experience in Supply Chain
- 2 -3 years of experience managing teams
- Extended knowledge of planning processes (MRP, MPS, S&OP)
- Basic knowledge of Lean Production (Value Stream Mapping, Material Replenishment and Flow, PFEP, etc.)
- General knowledge of Operations / Manufacturing processes.
- Projects implementation, involved in launches is an advantage
- Strong Computer skills (SAP, MS Excel, Business Information tools)
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Capability to drive and sustain performance improvements
- Team player
- APICS qualification highly desirable
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.