Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Dallas, Texas, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Houston, Texas, Orlando, Florida, Tampa, Florida
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
The Account Team Unit (ATU) is the organization that owns the customer relationship overall and orchestrates all internal and partner resources to drive customer business outcomes. The ATU covers a certain territory of accounts within an industry. The core account team consists of the Account Executive (AE), the Account Technology Strategist (ATS) and the Customer Success Account Manager (CSAM). The AE and ATS roles report to the Sales Manager.
Emerging business needs of the ATU include:
- Innovation and digital transformation across 3 horizons to drive transformation success.
- Focus on envisioning and business value across clouds and solution areas.
- Accelerating industry knowledge and leadership by building deeper business & technology skills by industry and vertical.
- Drive cross-solution alignment of business needs to applications, data and infrastructure services across clouds.
- Accelerating modern selling by maximizing the opportunity from automation and new resources.
The Sales Manager is leading account teams to drive customer business outcomes, to help customers to digitally transform in their industry, to accelerate revenue growth, consumption, usage and customer adds.
DEMONSTRATE CUSTOMER & PARTNER OBSESSION by...
- Driving business value to customers and demonstrating that Microsoft is focused on their success.
- Lead and empower account team to drive digital business outcomes for your customers across 3 Horizons that are relevant to their Industry and territory. Drive business growth through transformational wins and strategic partnerships by helping customers to innovate and build new business models. Execute on Industry clouds (if available), IPS (Industry Priority Scenarios) and Priority Sales Plays.
- Win with Partners through joint account planning in all accounts and actively selling with priority partners for the industry and for the solution areas. Maintain pipeline partner sharing at 60% inclusive of outbound and inbound.
- Accelerate Customer Satisfaction in CPE: you and your team being the Trusted Advisors to our customers, increasing Account Team Quality and improving Account Transition experience. Develop and intensify networks across Industry, Customer and Partner by building expertise in at least one relevant industry and by focusing on BDM audience. Demonstrate and model internal and external executive engagements.
LEAD WITH BUSINESS EXCELLENCE to...
- Accelerate sales execution and to deliver a predictable, healthy and compliant business.
- Lead and empower frictionless orchestration across EOU and hold the rest of the sub teams accountable for lead generation and pipeline velocity across 4 rolling quarters to deliver on targets. Lead the consumption business leveraging the customer journey process. Empower and inspire each and every seller to become modern digital seller.
- Lead a 360 review at least once a year for highest propensity accounts including the key stakeholders across customer, partners and internal, ensure high quality account planning delivery on time, ensure account plans drive a step change increase in share of Customer Potential and Propensity (CPP) to maximize share of wallet, sign off account plans each quarter.
- Achieve targets on FRA, billed revenue, consumption, usage, customer adds. Manage churn, anticipate and win against competition through our technologies and partners by differentiating the values of our solutions.
ACT AS CULTURAL TRANSFORMATION LEADER by...
- Role model learn-it-all culture by developing industry, management and leadership skills based on the Learning resources available.
- Empower teams to take necessary time for external focus (customers & partners) and prioritize time towards external focus (for self & account teams).
- Coach for excellence by adopting and applying new habits, executing on weekly/bi-weekly coaching rhythm with each seller and focused on driving customer outcomes and partner engagements. Coach ATS to deliver on technical role expectations based on guidance. Coach for CCE (Connected Customer Experience) execution across all ATU roles, most importantly across AE-ATS-CSAM collaboration.
Microsoft managers bring out the best in their people to...
- Achieve team and organization priorities. As a manager, personally commit to deliver success through empowerment and accountability by:
- Modeling: Live the culture, values and leadership principles. Share your management philosophy with your team and make it real through your words and actions.
- Coaching: Enable others’ performance. Build management skills by completing your learning path and development opportunities.
- Caring: Empower others to discover, connect, and grow. Have healthy, candid conversations (Connects, Perspectives, 1:1).
- Trust and Compliance: Personally, commit to generate and protect Microsoft trust by modeling integrity every day and contributing to ethical sales and sustainable growth. To be updated for FY22 Compliance priority
- Model integrity and ethical behaviors every day.
- Operate in full adherence to Company policies and processes and ensure timely 100% completion of online mandatory Compliance Trainings.
- Cooperate with audits and other compliance processes & controls and help on remediation actions. Be proactive in identifying risks inherent to your role and escalate concerns.
Demonstrate Diversity and Inclusion to...
Realize our mission to empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more, each and every one of us must help create a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can bring their full and authentic self, where all voices are heard, and where we do our best work as a result. With this priority, personally commit to be an active and intentional participant in creating a diverse and inclusive Microsoft.
- 10+ years of related experience: Sales leadership roles, managing high performance sales and technical-sales teams, coaching solution sales and account development strategies, leadership roles in multi-tiered global organizations, proven track record of selling complex solutions to enterprise customers and delivering customer business outcomes.
- Experienced in complex sales training (e.g., Miller Hyman, Spin, Michael Bosworth, Challenger, Holden, Krauthammer, etc.), sales methodologies.
Meaningful non-Microsoft prior work experience at one of the following:
- Driving digital transformation within one or more large Enterprise organization(s) as Line of Business Lead, Consulting or Services company such as McKinsey, Accenture, SAP, or the equivalent; competing cloud service providers and software companies, particularly Oracle, IBM, SalesForce.com, AWS.
- Proven track record and experience leading organizational transformations while delivering on results on short-term, mid-term, long-term. Background in large-scale, multi-year enterprise change management.
- Strategic leadership with track record driving results faster than competition in new markets/solution areas (preferred: cloud services growth, consumption, usage). Strategy development with multi-phase execution and delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to understand how to run business and commercial models (including, but not limited to, account territory management, P&L ownership, business planning).
- Broad evangelism through events (presentation skills), and effective marketing tactics.
- Executive communications, engagement, and influence.
- Strong negotiation and financial analysis skills.
- Industry knowledge in one or more priority industries (as appropriate/relevant): Automotive, Financial Services, Healthcare, Media & Communications, Retail, Government, Energy. Any other TBD.
- Knowledgeable of the Microsoft partner ecosystem and programs, understanding of competitive landscape of cloud solutions within the industry.
- Talent attractor and developer: Proven history attracting, retaining and developing new leaders and talent overall.
- Strong leadership & interpersonal skills, coaching skills, cross-group collaboration and proven ability to influence across organizational boundaries.
- Experience in building and developing diverse and inclusive teams.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred (or equivalent experience).
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.