Staff R&D/Product Development Engineer
Location: Wilsonville, Oregon
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
What your background should look like:
- Lead engineers, through example and mentorship, in solving high priority challenging problems leveraging your advanced problem solving, creativity and leadership skills.
- Collaborate with global teams in the establishment of statistical methods for thermoplastic processing and deployment across the network.
- Define and implement effective process monitoring tools and techniques to fully quantify process characteristics
- Partner with development teams in the achievement of innovation objectives and execution of successful product launches
- Effectively quantify process KPIV’s and KPOV’s through advanced metrology techniques and methods
- Serve as technical expert for process technologies spanning multiple product lines.
- Evaluate Materials for manufacturability and provide technical guidance for corrective/preventative actions
- Ensure materials meet all applicable internal and external Specifications (Material Properties, Biocompatibility, RoHS, etc.)
- Adhere to quality and compliance standards to ensure safe and effective use of the devices TE manufactures. Identify best practices and share globally.
What your background should look like:
- You bring a strong foundational knowledge in thermoplastic processing and the broad array of materials that are used in the industry.
- You have exceptional communication skills and can effectively engage both internal and external customers
- You have in-depth knowledge pertaining to Extrusion of Polymers
- You have in-depth knowledge pertaining to Extrusion Tooling Design
- You have a BS/MS in Chemical Engineering, Polymer Processing Engineering, Materials Science or a related engineering degree. Masters or PhD is a plus.
- You have a Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an advanced manufacturing company with progressive levels of responsibility.
- You have a passion for six sigma and statistical methodology in manufacturing process development and control.
- You thrive on coming up with new ideas and leading others to do the same.
- You can adapt to work priorities in response to a rapidly changing environment.
- Any medical device manufacturing experience you have would be valued, but it is not required.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets