Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Do you like combining both your creative and analytical skill sets to tackle sophisticated problems?
Cisco Meraki is seeking to hire a Strategy Associate in a highly visible role where you’ll define our strategy & approach around new consumption models!
Meraki is making IT easier, faster, and smarter. As a business unit of Cisco Systems, Meraki is the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world, with products and technology architecture that are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud- managed IT a reality. Headquartered in SF, the team has a growing international footprint with offices in Europe, Australia, Singapore, Japan, and China. On top of that, we're on track to be the most successful acquisition in Cisco's history (and certainly the most fun)!
While we have some generous benefits, like our onsite gym with weekly fitness and yoga classes, daily catered lunch, and paid time off to volunteer, what truly makes Meraki special are the people. People at Meraki keep the culture strong and make working here exciting, important, and rewarding.
Are you ready to join the team?
You’ll evaluate various consumption models that can be stood up and share your ideas across the organization. Moreover, you will have the opportunity to support the incubation and acceleration of new consumption models. In this role, you’ll get the chance to interact with our senior leadership teams and really drive positive impact for the business. This is an emerging group within Cisco Meraki which provides visibility across a multitude of functions, ranging from Sales, Marketing, Finance and Operations, to Product, Channel and Demand Planning among others.
You have senior executive presence, excellent relationship building skills, strategic and analytical approaches and strong organizational skills to drive projects to completion. Furthermore, you will serve as a leader with vision for the organization, proactively providing recommendations and helping streamline the various tactical actions associated with incubating and evaluating new consumption models.
Every single day is truly unlike the one before and your appetite for collaboratively solving problems, passion for impact, and unparalleled desire to be part of a growing team that is helping guide the strategic direction of the business are the tools that you’ll need to be a Meraki Strategy Associate.
This role will be based in San Francisco.
- Evaluate and support trade-off decision making around incubating new consumption models
- Measure performance of existing consumption models
- Work cross-functionally across Demand Planning, Supply Chain, Operations, Marketing, Product & Sales to streamline in-market consumption models
- Make recommendations to Cisco Meraki leadership around improvement areas for existing models
- Support operational / execution activities associated with existing consumption models
- 4-6 years of experience in consulting, or equivalent experience and skills
- Outstanding communication & relationship-building skills
- Outstanding critical thinking and problem-solving skills, and understanding of strategic frameworks & concepts
- Ability to take initiative and work autonomously to structure & solve strategic problems
- A standing track record leading sophisticated and cross-functional critical initiatives
- Interest in and ability to understand networking and cloud technologies
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency in Excel and PPT
- Foundational understanding of financial concepts like gross margin & COGS
- Experience working cross-functionally within an organization
- MBA or Graduate Degree in Management
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we're challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, encourage innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We're building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.