Onshore Vmware Engineer
Job Type: Full time
About the Infrastructure Engineering Team
Cloud Infrastructure professionals develop and deliver hosting solutions to meet today’s growing demand for agile and cost effective computing solutions. Using both private and public cloud technologies, our consulting professionals implement scalable, high performance hosting solutions that meet the need of today’s corporate and digital applications. Additionally, our teams plan and deliver legacy infrastructure transformation and migration to drive next-generation business outcomes.
Job Description – VMWare Engineer
This is a VMware engineer role where you will be working on a technical separation program as part of demerger and responsible for all VMware administration activities.
General Responsibilities and Skillset
- Responsible for managing VMware, ESXi related deliverables
- Work closely with database, network and application team to prepare and execute detailed implementation plan
- Project work is varied, but includes administration and troubleshooting of: VMware ESXi and Virtual Centers, Windows, RHEL, vSphere appliances for VM replication, online vMotions and understanding on activities required to perform technical separation from storage perspective
- Must be capable of troubleshooting and developing the migration plans for standalone and clustered VMs
- Must be able to work and troubleshoot issues with scripting (Powershell, shell, perl etc.)
- Capable to develop scripts to perform bulk VM migration tasks across virtual Centers
- Must be capable of working with geographically and technically diverse teams
- Knowledge of active directory and how it impacts VM migrations/restores along with remediation steps required for VM migrations across domains
- General knowledge current server, virtualisation, storage, networking (i.e. distributed/standard switches, VLAN etc.) etc.
- Ability to interact with application and business representatives
- Working knowledge of demerger programmes and activities involved in technical separation
- High-level understanding of infrastructure, network and virtualisation: VMware, Windows, RHEL, Load balancers and Firewalls
- Ability to work and deliver projects as part of a larger team
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience in VMware and/or Microsoft certification would be an added advantage
- Preferably at least three(3) years VMware and OS administration experience
- Minimum three(3) years of experience working on large-scale infrastructure projects
- Good working knowledge of information technology disciplines
- Ability to write effective infrastructure reports, migration plans and technical analysis
- Ability to develop and present effective PowerPoint presentations to technical and senior leadership
- Ability to communicate with senior leadership within our project
- Ability to communicate effectively with line managers, technical leaders and their direct reports
- Ability to travel throughout Australia and abroad as required
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement for Australia:
At Accenture, we recognise that our people are multi-dimensional, and we create a work environment where all people feel like they can bring their authentic selves to work, every day.
Our unwavering commitment to inclusion and diversity unleashes innovation and creates a culture where everyone feels they have equal opportunity. Our range of progressive policies support flexibility in ‘where’, ‘when’ and ‘how’ our people work to ensure that Accenture is an organisation where you can strive for more, achieve great things and maintain the balance and wellbeing you need.
We encourage applications from all people, and we are committed to removing barriers to the recruitment process and employee lifecycle. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, disability status, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion or sexual orientation and we do not tolerate discrimination. If you require adjustments to the recruitment process or have a preferred communication method, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and cite the relevant Job Number, or contact us on +61 2 9005 5000.
To ensure our workplace is inclusive and diverse we are setting bold goals and taking comprehensive action. To achieve these goals, we collect information that allows us to track the effectiveness of our Inclusion and Diversity programs. Learn how Accenture protects your personal data and know your rights in relation to your personal data. Read more about our Privacy Statement.